Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the same problem as with the GM.
I have a R9 270X card, with dual screens (one HDMI one DVI to VGA)

When I install it to a second SSD I reboot to the installer, I will get a green screen on the second monitor and a grey screen on the first, the strange part is that I will see my mouse cursor, its just the installer screen.

If I disconnect my second screen it will boot and everything is fine.

I also have a other strange thing, I also had with the GM.
If I login with my iCloud account I need to reset my password for some reason!

Does any one have a idea what it could be ?

Thank

Robbert

I have a similar issue. I have one monitor connected to my eGPU and other in my iGPU. I will boot to the apple logo with bar half loaded then both monitors go black and I see the cursor in the monitor connected to iGPU. I have to disconnect the monitor connected to iGPU and connect it to my eGPU to get both monitors working again and I'm in the login screen with both monitors connected to my eGPU. Weird.

To save trouble, it's better to use Carbon Cloner to clone your SSD and install clover EFI boot loader in the EFI partition of the cloned SSD.
And then follow the instructions https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/
to install Hi Sierra on the cloned SSD. If you can install it without any problem, then you can install Hi Sierra on your original SSD.

Don't forget to install graphic card driver after installation.

Hi, I have managed to upgrade to high sierra, but installing nvidia web driver gives me an installer error, does anyone have any ideas? thanks

Attachments

• Sin título.jpeg
    Sin título.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 299
Does any know if the APFS will work with Hybrid Drives?

Also which type of APFS format are you suppose use on the partition during a new install? Just the APFS, APFS encrypted, APFS case sensitive, or APFS encrypted case sensitive?
This partition was case-insensitive JHFS+ and the results are below. Guessing case-sensitivity would be preserved, if that were the case

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 20.01.12.png

* GA-Z77-DS3H + Intel HD4000 Gfx + macOS High Sierra INSTALL SUCCESS ! *
  • Backed up macOS Sierra and my EFI partition
  • Mounted EFI with EFI Mounter v3
  • Ran Clover_v2.4k_r4220.pkg and kept my previous UEFI settings
  • Copied the apfs.efi file to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
  • Refreshed my kexts (now using RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-0607 kexts and ALXEthernet) copied to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.13
  • SIP entries and Rt Variables set same as OS X El Capitan
  • Ran the Install macOS High Sierra.app from macOS Sierra 10.12.6 desktop
  • On first reboot, I selected the Boot OS X Install option (Clover bootloader menu)
  • Logged into macOS 10.13 High Sierra and set up iCloud - Success..
  • Clover TRIM patch, my DSDT and SSDT all working except no audio (as expected !)
  • Mounted EFI with EFI Mounter app
  • Ran Toleda audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command patch* (Big Ups BTW :)
  • Rebooted back into macOS High Sierra and my Realtek ALC889 audio is working :)
  • iTunes and Beats 1 Radio works fine
  • Haven't tested Messages nor FaceTime yet (although I don't really use them much)

*The only issue that I had after the installation was when looking for my EFI partition in the Terminal ( diskutil list )
I was looking at the APFS Container Scheme section thinking "Where's my EFI !!! "
I later realised the APFS Container Scheme is a new addition to diskutil list and that the EFI is listed in another section exactly where it always was (doh..! )

Great guide as always Tonymacx86 :thumbup:

Last edited:
I experienced this issue when I upgraded with a legacy boot (non-UEFI). In the instructions it said:

Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

This does not appear to be accurate if you are not booting UEFI. I dropped into the shell from the clover boot screen and copied apfs.efi to my drivers64 folder instead and rebooted. It saw it and everything worked after that.

UPDATE: TO many, this is probably obvious, but I'm a total noob at this as of last Friday. I figured it out pretty quickly.
Thanks HackinBeast, but the kext is already in the specified location. I truly appreciate your response.

Downloaded and installed High Sierra on my 2nd build. Almost no problems. I didn't have audio(as expected) and use the 130 script and got it back. The only real problem I have is that not all of my USB ports are working. I do have the USBInjectAll kext in Other folder. And I do have this weird boot option on the Clover Bootloader screen. Can anyone tell me what it is? Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot.
IMG_1118.JPG

Black screen in MacOS Install devices after Apple Logo. Anyone more?

AMD R9-280X and 2 monitors via DVI. One stays black and the other in grey, and can't see the cursor like other mates :S

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back