CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried adding these kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others/ but that didn't fix my issue. I still have the same problem, Apple logo appears with progress bar underneath it. When the progress bar fills, grey screen appears and it just stays there.

had the same problem, so i tried it again with my case opened. I saw that the Drive indicator was flashing even when i got the grey screen again, so i left it alone for about 40mins and the system reebooted several times with clover showing up for a few seconds so i tought the install would work with only not displaying anything. However i hardreseted the system after 1,5h of grey screen and now neither high sierra is installed nor can i boot into my old sierra install :/

Motherboard
asus N551VW
CPU
corei7
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Asus N551VW High Sierra update ok

Motherboard
GA H77 DS3H
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
GT 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I successfuly updated to high sierra with all working driver: wifi, lan and sound and also the rx580
BUT...
my BruceX Benchmark results in FCPX Spiked from 15 seconds to 50+ seconds why is that???
if thats the case i might need to rollback to Sierra for i mainly use this for final cut

Motherboard
Asus Gryphon Z87 1150
CPU
Intel I-5 4670k
Graphics
Nvidia 770
Just reporting that I followed the advice in this thread, and everything is working GREAT! Running Asus gryphon 787, Intel 4670K, Asus GTX 770 (did not need nvidia alternative drivers for this card), and an SSD which has been converted to APFS.

Sound, ethernet, and USB are all working. Even the trackpad settings which were broken in sierra (causing a crash), are now visible. The only kext I placed in efi/clover/other was the fakeSMC and only other change was updating clover. Very simple. Surprised how well this has gone so far. I really appreciate the work you've all done to document and instruct. THANK YOU!!!!

Motherboard
Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX/ac
CPU
i5-9600KF
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro + RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Mingjoy, same issue as you, any luck yet?

i finished step 1 to 5
but when i choose Boot macOS Install option
i got a white apple and never changed anything in 10 minutes...
I think i have failed
but can anyone tell me why...
and what should i do next?
thx a lot

Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-USB3-F3
CPU
i7-960
Graphics
GTS 450
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have no luck till now .. always stuck at the appleusbhostresources .. I followed @RehabMan instructions and put FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext + USBInjectAll.kext with no luck too .. please @RehabMan help to solve this problem
get_thumbnail.jpeg

Motherboard
motherboard or system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Nvidia > need model # > See Rules!
error when it should reboot!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 15.04.03.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 15.04.03.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 270
Motherboard
Intel S2600CP2J
CPU
2 x Intel Xeon E5-2670
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD7970 GHz Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had a problem free upgrade going from Sierra to High Sierra.

Only issue is that I didn't seem to get APFS. Is it better for hackintoshers to stick with HFS+ for now, or should I go through the trouble of formatting my drive, formatting as APFS and then install High Sierra from USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.