Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Catalina

While upgrading from Mojave, I'm stuck immediately after I try to Boot macOS Install from my drive. (No progress bar even started, only Apple logo forever.) I tried safe mode, SSDT-EC.aml into ACPI/patched, Clover 5102 (no emulated NVMe), latest Whatever green and lilu kexts. Nvidia card is disabled in BIOS, as well as WLAN and Ethernet and audio.
Boot flags are the same as were used for Mojave:
dart=0 nv_disable=1 -disableegfxfirmware (tried also with dart=1, and -cdfon -igfxnohdmi lilucpu=9 that were used for Mojave)

Could you please tell me what else I can try.
Update your Clover to the lastest version (5117 now).

Update your Clover to the lastest version (5117 now).
It worked indeed! Thank you. That is actually what I tried first of all, but at that time I had EFI partition in APFS format, and my BIOS failed to see it to boot, so I already forgot that it was not a Clover issue that time.

Very smooth upgrade from High Sierra. Lots of rebooting and waiting. It probably took 45 minutes.

Upgrade from Mojave 10.14.4 to Catalina 10.15.5.
At first I've got problem with a stuck at apfs_module_start: 1683
Solved this by adding to Clover/ACPI/Patched SSDT-ECUSBX.amii file (here)
Then there were lots of rebooting. It took about an hour.
After upgrading I made everything by this guide (macOS Catalina Cleanup: Remove Kexts From /Library/Extensions and Recache)
Next I've installed via Multibeast 12 all post-installation items.

Everything works except Wi Fi (need BCM94360CS2 Airport card with adapter for my mobo) and sleep mode (my Hackintosh falls asleep and then I have to reboot it to wake it).

Also after deleting FakeSMC sensors from /Library/Extensions my iStat lost ability to monitor temperature.

Very smooth upgrade from High Sierra. Lots of rebooting and waiting. It probably took 45 minutes.
Wow, I was on High Sierra and I was just too worried it wouldn't go well, so I wiped it and started from scratch and installed Catalina. It wasn't clear to me how the APFS conversion would go, plus I wanted to switch to using mostly Lilu and it's add-ons. So, I just started over and I'll try to keep it updated better. It's working great, though. I'm down to trying to solve minor issues like the sleep stuff.

I'm really impressed with how far the Hackintosh community has come in the last couple of years. The process of getting a working unit has become much simpler. It's taking very few kexts to get it up and running and most are within the Lilu ecosphere.

This thread is not a Help thread! Post your question(s) as a standalone thread in the Big Sur Desktop Support forum section. Violators will have their post removed from life.

Hello, do you know if it is possible to go from High Sierra to Catalina directly without going through Mojave? Thank you !

Hello, do you know if it is possible to go from High Sierra to Catalina directly without going through Mojave? Thank you !
Yes, it's possible but you should be aware that there is no support for your GT 1030 in Catalina.

Back