Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Catalina

I just updated from Mojave to Catalina. No problems at all. The only slightly confusing thing was figuring out what partition to boot the installer from in Clover after the first reboot. The first time I ran it from the 'preboot', and the next couple of times from 'install macOS' partition until it disappeared. That seemed to be the correct choice (or didn't hurt anything if it wasn't).

Replaced Lilu, AppleALC, and Whatevergreen kext into /Library/Extensions/ folder and /System/Library/Extensions/.

Installed from software update.
Not sure how long it took, but just checked back after watching a hour and a half long movie finding it completely done.

Updated from 10.14.6 Mojave.

i7-4790K
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK
Dual Sapphire RX Vega 64

1571539637047.png

Replaced Lilu, AppleALC, and Whatevergreen kext into /Library/Extensions/ folder and /System/Library/Extensions/.

Installed from software update.
Not sure how long it took, but just checked back after watching a hour and a half long movie finding it completely done.

Updated from 10.14.6 Mojave.

i7 4790K
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK
Dual Sapphire RX Vega 64

View attachment 431623
3rd party kexts belong only in /Library/Extensions/ folder and not /System/Library/Extensions/.

All working on HP Elitedesk 800 G1 mini, apart from my Dell U2515H which is not detected as only given option of 1600x1200 display resolution. do i need to inject a custom EDID?

Successfully updated Mojave to Catalina.
First updated Clover.
Then installed latest version of whatevergreen, lilu and applealc to /L/E (using kext beast) and EFI/Clover/Kext/Others.
Updated all kext in EFI/Clover/Kext/Others with new version.
Ran the Install Catalina.app from Applications.
On reboot, chose Install Catalina from Hacintosh, in the next reboot also the same, finally booted from Hacintosh drive.
Graphics (UHD 630), Audio (HDMI-Denon AVR-x1000), iCloud all are working fine.
Thanks for the guidance provided by tonymacx86.
Only issue is build number is not appearing.

Back