Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Catalina

Update (not so) successfully on my i5, Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac + but it killed my card BCM94352Z - DW1560 Broadcom. Only WiFi alive while Bluetooth dead.

Have you still not gotten the Bluetooth to work? I just installed the same card and will probably wait to upgrade to Catalina until thats resolved. You see any other issues?

You just need to put SSDT-EC.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Pilgrim thanks, so I have to download from the link you wrote and in what method can I patch the SSDT-EC.aml to EFI/Clover/ACI/patched? Is it simply mounting the USB with clover configurator, THEn EFI/clover/ACI/and put it in a new folder patched? Thanks

pilgrim, I finally managed to pass the error of circle with line across, the usb Is loading but now stuck with the apple logo while the line reached the end but stacked there, see photo, I’m attaching also verbose mode photo. In my computer I have only 1 empty hard disk that I formatted and would like to install Catalina there, any solution to get to the installer screen? Mainboard: ASUS p8z68-v lx. Intel processor Graphic: Nvidia GeForce GT 710, Thanks
I'm having the same issue, and have no idea where to look for a fix.
This is help me...try it

Since Public Beta 2, I had updated from Mojave 14.6, and had no video acceleration.

My motherboard Asus Z370A Prime (not II) with i3 8100 with UHD 630 (0x3E91),

I used igfx id 0x59120000 and multibeat intel HD 630 since high Sierra and worked.
I konow have tu do some kind of framebuffer work that don't understand well. Or it may not work for this CPU.

I am waiting for a solution from MultiBeast or someone.

I used igfx id 0x59120000
There is no real need to do that, it's better to install Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext and leave it to them.

Updated directly and all works great, except the Internet. Now, I think that is because I am using the DWA-131 USB wireless WiFi adapter and I suspect the drivers are 32-bit which won't be supported by Catalina.

What are my options here? I guess I would need to get a new WiFi adapter. Can someone please suggest one that would work with my setup?

Also, am I better off using a built-in ethernet card as opposed to a USB adapter? If so, once again, which one do you recommend for my setup, please?

Last edited:
I had the same Problem. Just fixed it.
Pressing F3 in the Clover Bootmenu shows every bootable Partition and it should also show the installer.
Unfortunately did not work for me

Back