Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Catalina

experiencing an odd problem. Installer downloads and starts but does not create an Install MacOS . Just a preboot and regular startup.
I use three drives. One primary, one for backup of drive which I keep current for safety and one test which is a copy(with CCC) of my primary. I use test to work out any install issues and then upgrade primary. All installs and updates to this point have been without issue. Im at a loss as to why it won't work. All kexts and Clover are updated to latest versions. Mojave works perfectly. Any ideas?
After a little more research it appears to create the install Data Folder with all proper install files but on reboot Clover fails to recognize or show the "Install MacOS" option

Last edited:
Needed to remap the ec0 to ec to make the installer work, but then it worked.

Update (not so) successfully on my i5, Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac + but it killed my card BCM94352Z - DW1560 Broadcom. Only WiFi alive while Bluetooth dead.
DW1560 is working (both wifi and Bluetooth) without problems– However you will need to replace the BrcmPatchRAM2 in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ to updated version for Catalina: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...-catalina-broadcom-bluetooth-firmware-upload/

Download: https://github.com/headkaze/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/releases

Attachments

• BrcmPatchRAM_Catalina.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 213
update without problems
but no sound yet
any tips?

Hi guys.
Did all the steps, tried to install over Mojave 10.14.3, but it hangs on "apfs_module_start: load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs" (screenshot is attached).
Dow can i fix it?
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpg
    IMG_1857.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 418
Hi guys.
Did all the steps, tried to install over Mojave 10.14.3, but it hangs on "apfs_module_start: load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs" (screenshot is attached).
Dow can i fix it?
Thank you in advance.
Ok, once more: fix for this

Dumb question, but ... if I already have these kexts installed to /L/E:

AppleALC.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausi.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext

Do I also need to copy them to Clover/kexts/Other for this upgrade?

And do I need to set config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect so that Clover will inject all applicable (depending on version) kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other only if FakeSMC.kext is NOT in kernel cache.

hi i didn’t do that, just left it in l/e and it installed

Back