Contribute
Register

Update customac mini to 10.7.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you now at 10.7.4?

If so you should be able to download the stand-alone updater:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1583

Before launching the 10.7.5 updater, be sure you have a full clone or other bootable/restorable backup of your drive so you can revert to it if there are problems.

In the aftermath of the update if you lose any functions, deploy MultiBeast to restore needed drivers.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have the 10.7.4 and all works ok, I want to update only if I can be sure I won't have any problem.

regards

Each CustoMac is unique.
In fact, after customers install their own apps, each Apple Mac becomes unique.
The only way to assure you will not hose your current stable build is to clone it, boot from the clone, then test the update on the clone.

Hi,

I have the same config as you, so just wanted to know if you managed to update to 10.7.5.
Thank you for your feedback.

Yes I've updated without problems. First I've cloned my system with carbon copy cloner in an external Hard Disk, and I've tried to update here: No problem, only I've run multibeast (system utilities, kexts and mac mini definition) before restart the system.

regards

I am about to do the same (waiting for the external USB to come). Is there a way to know which configuration of multibeast I used when I installed? I don't remember all the options I configured, I wouldn't like to mess things up.

I just updated to 10.7.5... everything works fine for me, except sleep is broken now. It'll put the drives and monitor to sleep, but then won't wake back up.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also logged into my 10.7.2 (where sleep was working perfectly), and now it doesn't work there either. Maybe something in bootup...?

Any suggestions appreciated.

I built my Hackintosh 6 month ago, still in 10.7.4, now I would like to update to 10.7.5 but I not sure the process (use standard Apple Update) or what version of Multibeast to use before reboot, 4, 5? I'm sure I'm wrong, but I thhought Multibeast 5 is for 10.8 and not for 10.7. I've already cloned my current OSx to play.

The other question is related to option in multibeast, it's been 6 months and I don't remember what options I selected in MultiBeast after 10.7.4 update.

Is there a way to figureout what I selected based on what Kext and other files are on the file system?

Can MultiBeast find what I did 6 months ago?

Is it possible to save ( in a text file or something) what options were selected in MultiBeast so we can reference after run it?

I know I've seen post with screenshots done by other people (I should Had done it) but I'm not sure how to do that when the page doesn't fit (this list of options are long), so I'm hopping there is another method.

I'm also thinking on installing 10.8 in the near future, it's not that expensive $19.99, but first I would like to test a simple update 10.7.4 to 10.7.5

Is this approach a waste of time? should I jump to 10.8 instead of trying 10.7.5?

Thanks for all your help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back