Contribute
Register

[Update]CustoMac Mini 2012 | H77N-WIFI | i3-3225 | HD4000 | macOS 10.12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wildwillow, i have problem with wake up/ sleep, only difference with your configuration is my gtx760 asus and smbios 13,1. You have any advice for me?
I have exact same issue with you, using gtx 650 and smbios 13,1, but when I change to smbios 12,1 the sleep issue were gone...

I'm using the same BT 4.0 GBU521 device, nothing special, it works out of the box

I thought I would provide an update: not sure what I did while tinkering my setup but I can confirm it works fine and am now using my wireless trackpad. Cheers.

Is it even possible to skip El Capitan? I wanted to do this but I am unable to even download Sierra and cannot seem to download El Capitan either as it will not show up in the App store. I am currently in Yosemite 10.10.2 do I need to update Yosemite in order to be allowed to download Sierra?

Hi Wildwillow, you know what sample rate audio streaming you get via HDMI connection???
Sorry about my english...
Thanks
Apologies for the late reply, 48kHz, when using digital HDMI audio it automatically sets it to 48kHz, optical out defaults at 44.000kHz this can be a pain when streaming. It causes stutters in audio, Fix: go to Applications/Utilities/Audio Midi set Up and change it to 48kHz which works perfectly.

Is it even possible to skip El Capitan? I wanted to do this but I am unable to even download Sierra and cannot seem to download El Capitan either as it will not show up in the App store. I am currently in Yosemite 10.10.2 do I need to update Yosemite in order to be allowed to download Sierra?
You should be able to update from Yosemite through to macOS Sierra using the correct steps on this website. Make sure you have no old Installers in your Applications folder.

Best thing for you to do is create a Test Drive: How to Create a Clover USB | tonymacx86.com. This is if your still running Chimera as I was on Yosemite. You need to read up on the requirements for updating from Chimera to Clover and from Yosemite to El Capitan and remove conflicting kexts.
Explaining OS X El Capitan Security Changes - Workarounds and ...
How to Backup and Remove Chimera and any Related Files ...
If you have variables that work with iMessage/FaceTime then you need to take not and move them over to Clover config.plist. Again apologies for the late reply.

Hey thank you for responding wildwillow, I actually found a work around from another source and all is good. I have even managed to install and dual boot windows 10 as well.

Hey thank you for responding wildwillow, I actually found a work around from another source and all is good. I have even managed to install and dual boot windows 10 as well.
Great news, glad you've figured it all out. Solid as a rock these little Ivy builds.

soooo I have this MOBO and i7-3770k trying to do new macos install. is it possible even if I have an existing win10 ? I'm planning on installing macos on another ssd. I followed the unibeast installation instruction with UEFI boot mode but for some reason my USB stick is not being read by my computer during boot. Any suggestions ? did you guys/gals change something in your bios ? oh I even tried disconnecting my win10 HD but that didn't even work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back