Contribute
Register

[Update]CustoMac Mini 2012 | H77N-WIFI | i3-3225 | HD4000 | macOS 10.12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone! Nice to see there's still a few of us kickin' around with these old (but very sturdy!!) basic rigs.

I have the "vanilla" Customac Mini 2012 as per my profile and I'm running a mostly working fresh Sierra install with recommended MultiBeast specs.
There's a few glitches though:
1) Bluetooth and Ethernet don't work (WiFi is flawless though). UPDATE: WIFI is unstable. TBH I'm not sure which Internet drivers to select in Multibeast. Nothing seems to work, I'm at a loss.:banghead:
2) the screen occasionally flickers, especially at login and sometimes as the cursor hovers over menus in Firefox or if I click and drag windows. I've fixed the flicker by opting for a 13,1 ID instead of the recommended 14,2 but RAM takes a hit (1333mhz instead of 1600mhz XMP).
3) with vanilla Multibeast install, my VRAM indicates "Display 7mb" and no Intel HD Graphics and after a bit of tampering with Clover Configurator my IntelHD 4000 is identified and with 1536mb of VRAM, but I think it should be 1024mb.

I downloaded Clover Bootloader thinking I might generate a new config.plist, but it is daunting and I don't want to damage my hardware.:)

Could anyone share their config.plist or screenshot the relevant parts so I can compare and see where I've gone wrong? I'm already familiar with the BT issues (I've read all the posts)

****UPDATE Oct 20th: 3X a charm! my 3rd fresh reinstall worked and specs are optimal though I'm unsure why. She's purring away! The only thing not working is BT, if anyone can point me to the solution I'd be grateful.

Also, I've been considering replacing my Optical drive with this and I'm wondering if my 250w power supply can handle another HDD 7200 and an SSD or two?

what BT adaptor are you using ?

250W PSU is far more than enough for your hardware configuration

3.5" 7200RPM HDD ~ consume 10W power, SSDs use much less power than HDDs

what BT adaptor are you using ?

250W PSU is far more than enough for your hardware configuration

3.5" 7200RPM HDD ~ consume 10W power, SSDs use much less power than HDDs

I'm using the IOGear Bluetooth Adapter GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 that was a suggested accessory in the build
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/building-a-customac-customac-mini-2012.75573/

Any thoughts on how to get it to work? I'm sure I've overlooked the answer somewhere in these pages.

Thanks for your reply, it is very appreciated.

Could anyone share their config.plist or screenshot the relevant parts so I can compare
Hey, There is a config.plist in Post#1 you can compare
Also, I've been considering replacing my Optical drive with this and I'm wondering if my 250w power supply can handle another HDD 7200 and an SSD or two?
Google PSU calculator, this will give you some idea of the power requirements. Enter your system details into the appropriate fields.

Nice tool! Thanks wildwillow. I'll check that config.plist and get back to y'all.

Still trying to get BT working. If I manage something, I'll post here. I'm mystified.

Thanks for your sharing.I use your efi file for my device.When the system boots,there are four screens on my monitor .But after device resume from sleep,the graphic works well.My motherboard is giga h77tn,cpu is i3 3245.Is there any solution for this problem?

I started with a clean install of Sierra. Followed the standard installation guide and everything seems to be working as before. I did run into a couple of problems, but these were my own fault. I installed Sierra on second SSD, leaving El Capitan on the original SSD. I got a bit ahead of myself and installed Multibeast with El Capitan plugged in, something went awry here and I ended up borking up my audio on both the Sierra and El Capitan sides. Fixed that by unplugging El Capitan, rerunning Multibeast and we are back in business. Then I went through this painful process of trying to get iCloud/iTunes working. I wasn't careful when picking the system definition and chose 14.2 during the original Multibeast setup on Sierra. I couldn't login to iCloud, couldn't login to iTunes. On a a lark, I changed it to 13.2 to match the El Capitan side - now no problems.

So, everything sems to be working as before. Trim, iTunes, App Store, sleep, sound...going to try to get iMessages to work. never fully worked on the El Capitan side, but we'll see how it goes.

Now if I can just find another H77N-wifi motherboard for sale, I'll build the kids their own hackintosh.

Oh yeah, updated to 10.12.1 via the appstore - updated no problem, including keeping Audio working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back