Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I am using a GA-Z97X-UD7 TH with 4.0GHZ I7, 32GB Ram onboard Video... When i do updates an additional entry is created and i would like to either delete it from the Clover screen or at minimum set the default choice. Is there a Specific editor for this? thanks.

I am using a GA-Z97X-UD7 TH with 4.0GHZ I7, 32GB Ram onboard Video... When i do updates an additional entry is created and i would like to either delete it from the Clover screen or at minimum set the default choice. Is there a Specific editor for this? thanks.
When i do updates an additional entry is created and i would like to either delete it from the Clover screen or at minimum set the default choice. Is there a Specific editor for this? thanks.
  • What updates?
  • What additional entries?
  • Where are the additional entries seen?
What you can see on your Monitor screen is not visible to the readers unless you take Screen photos and upload the images to the Forum and then post like you have posted for readers to know and correlate with what you are posting.

• What updates?
  • What additional entries?
  • Where are the additional entries seen?
What you can see on your Monitor screen is not visible to the readers unless you take Screen photos and upload the images to the Forum and then post like you have posted for readers to know and correlate with what you are posting.

it happened when did the 10.13.2, so i made a new USB and reinstalled it from scratch, now when i did the supplemental 10.13.2 as well, the Screen is the Clover Boot Screen when the system starts it creates a third entry... and if you dont look carefully and just press enter it will try to run setup of the update and freeze, you have to use the middle entry. What i am looking for is a editing tool and a description of the contents of the \EFI\CLOVER\ plist file to change the default entry and or Comment out the entry that i dont need on the clover startup screen. When i first tried to look at the plist, Xcode opened it up, which did not tell me very much, then i had it open with Clover Configurator which seemed like it could work, i just need to know what needs to be changed. And yes, l looked at google and the you tube vids that showed. TY.

Attachments

• bootscreen.jpg
    bootscreen.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 288
Last edited:
it happened when did the 10.13.2, so i made a new USB and reinstalled it from scratch, now when i did the supplemental 10.13.2 as well, the Screen is the Clover Boot Screen when the system starts it creates a third entry... and if you dont look carefully and just press enter it will try to run setup of the update and freeze, you have to use the middle entry. What i am looking for is a editing tool and a description of the contents of the \EFI\CLOVER\ plist file to change the default entry and or Comment out the entry that i dont need on the clover startup screen. When i first tried to look at the plist, Xcode opened it up, which did not tell me very much, then i had it open with Clover Configurator which seemed like it could work, i just need to know what needs to be changed. And yes, l looked at google and the you tube vids that showed. TY.
  • Thank you for the CBM screen shot. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!:)
  • As shown in the edited image the left icon is the High Sierra 10.13.2 installer stub
  • The middle one is the System disk that is going to be upgraded to 10.13.2 and the right one is HS Recovery Disk.
  • Normally the first installer disk stub should disappear after the installation is completed successfully.
  • You need to verify successful installation by clicking From top menubar Apple>About This Mac> OverView > MacOS High Sierra Version:
  • You can further confirm by checking App Store >Updates >Available updates .
  • If 10.13.2 is shown installed and no new updates are shown, you had a successful update to 10.13.2.
  • After a successful update if you still see that pesky icon "Boot MacOS Install from High Sierra" in your CBM screen, you can remove that by a troubleshoot that involves removal of "macOS install data" from the System. If that is the problem please let us know
  • If you don't want your High Sierra Recovery Disk to show up in CBM screen , you can edit the config.plist of your HS system disk by first mounting its EFI partition using Clover Configurator Vibrant, then click from desktop EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plsit >Open with CCV> Gui menu >Hide Volume section >Click + and in the list add Recovery HD and then save the edited config.plist
  • If your problem is a failed Upgrade to 10.13.2, that too can be fixed
  • Please clarify what help you need.

Attachments

• CBM screen disk icons.png
    CBM screen disk icons.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 221
I read through the Guide BreBo linked to, i see macOS Install Data and .IAProductinfo (Hidden). Perhaps the guide can be updated to make note that the names of the Hidden file and the Folder are dependent on the OS version already installed.

I deleted both and Restarted.. The Entry was deleted.. Thanks.

I read through the Guide BreBo linked to, i see macOS Install Data and .IAProductinfo (Hidden). Perhaps the guide can be updated to make note that the names of the Hidden file and the Folder are dependent on the OS version already installed.

I deleted both and Restarted.. The Entry was deleted.. Thanks.
I had posted the troubleshoot in detail a couple of times starting with the one here #9

i deleted both, the entry was removed...... however the next day the Supplemental update is asking to be installed again.... I can reinstall it and delete the files again, but what would that accomplish? Perhaps it needs to be installed with command line options ??
Supplemental.jpeg

Last edited:
i deleted both, the entry was removed...... however the next day when the Supplemental update is asking to be installed again.... I can reinstall it and delete the files again, but what would that accomplish? Perhaps it needs to be installed with command line options ??View attachment 306853

Normally when the update is successfully installed, you should NOT be seeing that macOS High Sierra Installer stub in CCV.
If that occurs most probably the update has failed and a stub is left behind and you go to have it cleaned up before you can try to reinstall the update again. Otherwise you will face the same problem repeatedly like you and many others have been having.
  • One reason I can think of is the lack of needed kexts and updated CLOVER.EFI required to be installed in the existing system before starting the new installation.

Normally when the update is successfully installed, you should NOT be seeing that macOS High Sierra Installer stub in CCV.
If that occurs most probably the update has failed and a stub is left behind and you go to have it cleaned up before you can try to reinstall the update again. Otherwise you will face the same problem repeatedly like you and many others have been having.
  • One reason I can think of is the lack of needed kexts and updated CLOVER.EFI required to be installed in the existing system before starting the new installation.
I used the UB and MB for HighSierra.. I use the Preference pane to Check for the Most current Clover... I already mentioned the Mobo/Chip which is listed in MacASL and patched from there. I have 2 USB Devices a Bluetooth Module and a Logitech Unifying Dongle for my Keyboard/mouse. What other Possible Kexts could be needed or Clover files are you thinking of ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back