Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Update Clover: Installation FAILED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @pisomojado got the same problem like yours. What you exactly did?

YAY! Believe it or not, you solved my problem.
I looked up "OcQuirks.efi" and found this guide by CaseySJwith updated software. I made a backup, then installed it.
After that, I was able to update the bootloader to 5117 with Clover Configurator!
After a restart, now CC shows my bootloader on 5117.

Similar to what is listed above, see also: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-clover-installation-failed.297108/post-2120759

I am wondering what the reason is why the Download section remains with 5102. I think this is on purpose.

With newer versions including 5119, I get this notification: "this package is incompatible with this version of macos"

I am running 10.15.5 including latest supplemental update on my Z390, so I do not understand why my system should be incompatible.

Does anyone know why the Download section remains with 5102, or why I get this incompability warning? 5102 from this site installs and functions fine (so I remain with this version for now).

Just tried to update to 5120 and got this same problem, also got it on all other versions until 5112 (which is currently installed), I tried to go the "continue anyway" method but it failed. Funnily enough I have this same issue with installed other software on my computer even with the dev's saying its compatible with Catalina?

Looking at my folders the EFI's look kind of confused which may be confusing the installation(?) 01 shows the folders with no EFI mounted and 02 shows with the EFI mounted. Is EFI, EFI-Backups & EFIROOTDIR shortcut normal? As none of these are mounted

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 14.40.01.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 14.40.01.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 14.40.10.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 14.40.10.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Guys n gals I need help! I've got a feeling the reason my clover isn't updating is because its trying to update to somewhere else on my Mac HD drive, as theres currently 2 clover_install_logs with two different clover versions so it seems a little mess. See the attached + my EFI folder does this look correct?

Any help here would be hugely appreciated

Attachments

• Clover_Install_Log.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 10.24.39.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 10.24.39.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 56
  • EFI.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Guys n gals I need help! I've got a feeling the reason my clover isn't updating is because its trying to update to somewhere else on my Mac HD drive, as theres currently 2 clover_install_logs with two different clover versions so it seems a little mess. See the attached + my EFI folder does this look correct?

Any help here would be hugely appreciated

Hi there.

The screengrab you show is for a "Legacy" install. Given your profile shows an Asus Z390 motherboard, you would use a UEFI install instead.

The EFI folder you have uploaded will not boot a PC so is scrap. The one which you are booting from should be in the hidden EFI partition - this is UEFI

Mount your EFI partition using EFI Mounter v3.1 and take a look.

You can delete what ever EFI folder that is you uploaded.

:)

Hi there.

The screengrab you show is for a "Legacy" install. Given your profile shows an Asus Z390 motherboard, you would use a UEFI install instead.

The EFI folder you have uploaded will not boot a PC so is scrap. The one which you are booting from should be in the hidden EFI partition - this is UEFI

Mount your EFI partition using EFI Mounter v3.1 and take a look.

You can delete what ever EFI folder that is you uploaded.

:)

Thank you very much!

Could you point me in the direction for a guide for the UEFI install? Will this mean starting from scratch as I've had this computer running for a month now so a little reluctant to start again.

So the print screens I have shown I will delete, these folders in the print screen wasnt the EFI folder I uploaded as the EFI folder I uploaded as this was the mounted one from EFI Mounter which does boot my PC.

Thanks again

Edit: I've managed to delete those folders shown in my previous print screens. Also see attached the install log from my mounted EFI

Attachments

• Clover_Install_Log.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Thank you very much!

Could you point me in the direction for a guide for the UEFI install? Will this mean starting from scratch as I've had this computer running for a month now so a little reluctant to start again.

So the print screens I have shown I will delete, these folders in the print screen wasnt the EFI folder I uploaded as the EFI folder I uploaded as this was the mounted one from EFI Mounter which does boot my PC.

Thanks again

That's a bit confusing to be honest, if you have had a working machine for a month.

I assume Catalina is your install.

The config.plist in your uploaded EFI is no way for your machine. MultiBeast would never put so many REM'd statements in there. For example: a Dell laptop and backlight control?

Clearly that comes from somewhere else.

There is also no visible FakeSMC.kext or VirtualSMC.kext. One, not both, is needed to boot. If there's one in Library/Extensions it shouldn't work for Catalina... But hey.

Also you have a live Windows install on a separate disk with it's own EFI partition. See your installer log.

So difficult to diagnose your problem right now. Clearly we haven't yet seen the EFI that does boot your machine.

Having more than one active EFI partition will potentially confuse any updater.

Edit: the latest Clover installer log is from 17th April 2020.

That's a bit confusing to be honest, if you have had a working machine for a month.

I assume Catalina is your install.

The config.plist in your uploaded EFI is no way for your machine. MultiBeast would never put so many REM'd statements in there. For example: a Dell laptop and backlight control?

Clearly that comes from somewhere else.

There is also no visible FakeSMC.kext or VirtualSMC.kext. One, not both, is needed to boot. If there's one in Library/Extensions it shouldn't work for Catalina... But hey.

Also you have a live Windows install on a separate disk with it's own EFI partition. See your installer log.

So difficult to diagnose your problem right now. Clearly we haven't yet seen the EFI that does boot your machine.

Having more than one active EFI partition will potentially confuse any updater.

Edit: the latest Clover installer log is from 17th April 2020.

Christ might be worse than I expected judging by your response haha

I have a VitrualSMC.kext located in the EFI inside EFI>CLOVER>kexts>other> (I have mounted my EFI from my Macintosh HD, give that bad boy a blast hopefully its correct this time).

The confusion may be because I followed ModMike's guide found >here< which for this build it was said not to use MultiBeast and use the EFI partition from the thread which may explain a few choice statements.

Yes I'm running Windows 10 on a separate disk, but when selecting a location for the Clover update I select the Macintosh HD so don't think its that?

I think what I may try is to physically remove the seperate windows disk and try that.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.6 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back