Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Update Clover: Installation FAILED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
I'm on 10.15.3 preparing to upgrade to 10.15.4
I updated Clover Configurator to 5.11.0.0, mounted my efi, updated my kexts, then moved to "Install/Update Clover"
I selected the default "package" installation (I don't know what "cloverx64.efi" is...)
I selected the standard installation on my main disk (didn't change install location)
I received the error "This package is incompatible with this version of MacOS"
After some googling, I decided to "install anyway"
I restarted and pressed F11 (I guess to "clear the NVRAM" but didn't receive any feedback, so I don't know if that worked.)
I opened Clover Configurator again and checked my clover version
It still says "5102" NOT "5111"
I also tried with 5112,5113,5114, and 5115
I also tried downloading the package and installing it. Also FAILED.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.41.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.41.32 PM.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 677
Last edited:
Hi,
I also had this issue, solved by downloading Clover from the official site and installing.

Hope this works for you.

I also had this issue, solved by downloading Clover from the official site and installing.
How long ago was your experience? I followed your link, which led to downloading a Zip file. There was only one thing in the zip file, a text file with the message: "You are in the wrong place, go here https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases"

I've actually been there before. As I said in my initial message, i did attempt to download and install the "Clover_r5115.pkg" package found there WITHOUT success.

How long ago was your experience? I followed your link, which led to downloading a Zip file. There was only one thing in the zip file, a text file with the message: "You are in the wrong place, go here https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases"

I've actually been there before. As I said in my initial message, i did attempt to download and install the "Clover_r5115.pkg" package found there WITHOUT success.

Hi there.

Do you have more than one drive in your system?

Yes. 3. I have my OS and applications on an m2 ssd, an hdd time machine drive, and an hdd data drive.

Hi there.

The reason I asked is because your problem sounds like the installer is failing to find the correct, hidden, EFI partition.

Whether this is affecting your PC will depend on what partition format the extra drives you have, are in. Any GPT/GUID drives will have a hidden EFI partition for example. So if the 'data' drive is in GUID/HFS or APFS scheme then it may confuse Clover.

Use EFI Mounter v3.1 to check.

Just a thought.

:)

Thank you for the attention.

I do have multiple EFI partitions (see screenshot). I thought this was necessary in order to have a bootable backup?

I attempted to unplug my HDDs and boot just from the ssd. I got to the login screen but was unable to login due to "an error." So that's another problem.

With time machine plugged in and data drive unplugged, also unable to login.

With the data drive plugged in and time machine drive unplugged, I was able to login. I updated Clover Configurator and attempted to update the bootloader to 5116. Failed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.23.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.23.59 PM.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Thank you for the attention.

I do have multiple EFI partitions (see screenshot). I thought this was necessary in order to have a bootable backup?

I attempted to unplug my HDDs and boot just from the ssd. I got to the login screen but was unable to login due to "an error." So that's another problem.

With time machine plugged in and data drive unplugged, also unable to login.

With the data drive plugged in and time machine drive unplugged, I was able to login. I updated Clover Configurator and attempted to update the bootloader to 5116. Failed.

Okay ...

Your hardware is very well known and used, so there shouldn't be any problems.

Two tips:

1) Perhaps try Clover 5109

2) Remember to add the boot-command "slide=0". You may have this already in place, but if not, press the Spacebar when at the Clover menu and select the "Disable KASLR (Slide=0)" option, then boot the drive.

I mounted my ssd Efi partition and opened the config.plist with Clover Configurator.
It looks like "slide=0" is a boot argument.
I tried to update the bootloader to 5109, but got the error "Clover_r5109 not found!"
I went here and dowloaded 5109:
I ran the package, got the message "The installation was successful". I rebooted.
I opened Clover Configurator. It still says I'm on 5102.
???

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 12.10.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 12.10.03 AM.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 319
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 12.13.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 12.13.27 AM.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 274
I ran the package, got the message "The installation was successful". I rebooted.
I opened Clover Configurator. It still says I'm on 5102.
???

That seems to confirm that the installer is putting Clover 5109 on the wrong drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back