Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 7559
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960M, 1080p
First off after I heard about the fact that 10.4 contained skylake graphics frame buffer I decided to install the update. I also swapped the older config.plist that i had which was for intel HD 4000 I believe for the newer one for the HD 5xx series from RehabMan. I ran into the problem where it gave me a long error while booting about IGPU

[IGPU] Will fallback to host-side scheduling if graphics firmware fails to load

and someother things as well. I fixed this by changing the ID of my graphics to 0x191b0000, which is what was on PikeRAlpha's website and that solved the booting issue. Now that I am able to boot into OS X I was expecting to have QE/CI enabled but unfortunately not. I'm kinda stuck on what to do to enable QE/CI which I have read that other people have it enabled now and honestly i'm stuck. Any and all help would really be appreciated. In advance and from past issues, thanks to RehabMan and the Tonymacx86 community for all the help.

First off after I heard about the fact that 10.4 contained skylake graphics frame buffer I decided to install the update. I also swapped the older config.plist that i had which was for intel HD 4000 I believe for the newer one for the HD 5xx series from RehabMan. I ran into the problem where it gave me a long error while booting about IGPU

[IGPU] Will fallback to host-side scheduling if graphics firmware fails to load

and someother things as well. I fixed this by changing the ID of my graphics to 0x191b0000, which is what was on PikeRAlpha's website and that solved the booting issue. Now that I am able to boot into OS X I was expecting to have QE/CI enabled but unfortunately not. I'm kinda stuck on what to do to enable QE/CI which I have read that other people have it enabled now and honestly i'm stuck. Any and all help would really be appreciated. In advance and from past issues, thanks to RehabMan and the Tonymacx86 community for all the help.

You cannot use Ivy/Broadwell graphics config for Skylake.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I actually followed that exact guide, so that's why I'm wondering why it doesn't seem to work. Also I did chose the Intel HD 530 plist.

Edit: OS X won't boot unless I change the graphics I'd to 0x191b0000

Edit: OS X won't boot unless I change the graphics I'd to 0x191b0000

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hi, Rehabman.

After updating the system to 10.11.4, I expect to the HD 530 working with the injected ig-platform-id. However, injecting the ig-platform-id leads to the black screen. I can only boot with the setting (Inject/Intel, ig-platform-id)=(True, None) and IORegistryExplorer shows "AAPL, ig-platform-id"=<03 00 22 0d>, which is the HD4600's ID. Note that Displayport is used and CPU is i7-6700t.

Could help me solve the ig_platform_id injection problem?

Hope the information below is useful for the diagnosis.

Code:
Below is the information of IORegistryExplorer2.1 and the shell command:
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y applelpc
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y applehda
[ATTACH]183980.vB[/ATTACH][/FONT]

Code:
Clover 3320 from MultiBeast 8.1.0 is used.
[ATTACH]183981.vB[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ioreg_and_shell.zip
    392.7 KB · Views: 134
  • config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 166
Hi, Rehabman.

After updating the system to 10.11.4, I expect to the HD 530 working with the injected ig-platform-id. However, injecting the ig-platform-id leads to the black screen. I can only boot with the setting (Inject/Intel, ig-platform-id)=(True, None) and IORegistryExplorer shows "AAPL, ig-platform-id"=<03 00 22 0d>, which is the HD4600's ID. Note that Displayport is used and CPU is i7-6700t.

Could help me solve the ig_platform_id injection problem?

Hope the information below is useful for the diagnosis.

Code:
Below is the information of IORegistryExplorer2.1 and the shell command:
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y applelpc
[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y applehda
[ATTACH]183980[/ATTACH][/FONT]

Code:
Clover 3320 from MultiBeast 8.1.0 is used.
[ATTACH]183981[/ATTACH]

Your ioreg shows ig-platform-id 0x0d220003. That is only valid for Haswell (eg. HD4600) desktops.

I thought you said it was working with 0x191b0000?

Sorry for intruding the discussion between you and jake2141. 0x191b0000 is for In jake2141's case.

In my case, I can't inject the ig-platform-id, which results in the black screen. When I not inject the ig-platform-id, the system automatically detect IGPU as HD4600 with ig-platform-id 0x0d220003.

I don't know how to fix this misleading ig-platform-id.

Sorry for intruding the discussion between you and jake2141. 0x191b0000 is for In jake2141's case.

In my case, I can't inject the ig-platform-id, which results in the black screen. When I not inject the ig-platform-id, the system automatically detect IGPU as HD4600 with ig-platform-id 0x0d220003.

I don't know how to fix this misleading ig-platform-id.

Try other valid ig-platform-id values. Also, it is possible your Clover is not up-to-date.

Make sure you set DVMT-prealloc as required.

I have used the BIOS utility from DELL's website to change the video memory to 64MB in win 10, then it shows the "Dedicated Video Memory" to be 128MB. Clover is update to the latest version 3389.

It does not work in 10.11.4.

I have used the BIOS utility from DELL's website to change the video memory to 64MB in win 10, then it shows the "Dedicated Video Memory" to be 128MB. Clover is update to the latest version 3389.

It does not work in 10.11.4.

Please note:
IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back