Contribute
Register

Unusual El Capitan issue. Won't login.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it working... while rolling back changes I forgot to change the undocumented disable nVidia to my SSDT... after I removed that it all works fine. I'll try different methods of nVidia disable. :)

Well this is entirely screwed.

I can't understand why every single time I install Clover to the hard drive... it fails to ever let me boot or login ever again. I can't login again now, it fails every time, I can boot from the USB Clover Installation and it gets me to the login screen, but I can't log in. The screen drops out or something and never comes back. I can't boot from the Hard Disk. It KP's every single time. ... using exactly the same config, kexts and 64 bit drivers as the USB... power saving works, the brightness works, volume works, keyboard and trackpad work, the system is there, it's just not updating anything graphics wise... and what I've done to change things between now and when I had it working... Absolutely nothing.

Disregard that... I have the menu back. SSD Trim enabled / disabled did the trick.

Since reinstalling last time and not being able to log in after the initial log in, I changed drives and this new drive isn't SSD... it was freaking out sorting out my Windows 10 / Spare drives situation with Trim. Turned it off and it booted straight to Menu.

Make sure your SSD firmware is up-to-date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back