Graphics
HD 620, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In a thread on MultiBeast error of
Certificate used to sign package is not trusted.

The last response was "you have an invalid system clock". As far as I can tell my system clock is valid, but I'm still getting the errors. So any hints on how to check and/or fix any problems?

If this is the wrong forum for this, please let me know the correct one.

Thanks

What version of MultiBeast?
At the moment, I'm running El Capitan, 10.11.6, so I used MultiBeast 8.2.3.
Not sure the issue was the system clock, since I re-booted and re-run MultiBeast and the driver install
worked correctly.

I have the exact same error.
I figured out that the problem is that the certificate of the "Developer ID Certification Authority" used to sign the packages of this Multibeast version expired on Sun, 21. January 2018.

I worked around that by setting the system clock in the past before that date. After this the installation worked fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20180124_125812.jpg
    IMG_20180124_125812.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 303
I have the exact same error.
I figured out that the problem is that the certificate of the "Developer ID Certification Authority" used to sign the packages of this Multibeast version expired on Sun, 21. January 2018.

I worked around that by setting the system clock in the past before that date. After this the installation worked fine.

Thanks for the reply, seems the issue has be resolved as I was able to run MB to eoj.

Thanks for the reply, seems the issue has be resolved as I was able to run MB to eoj.
I hate replying to my own posts, but MB-El Capitan version still doesn't run, MB-High Sierra does run correctly.
At this point I'm only trying to install Intel network driver

Please post the version number of what versions of MultiBeast aren't working so that they can be rebuilt with a newer certificate.

Can confirm. Sure is nice to find a hidden thread via Google a mere 2 days after the issue arose. The last 3 hours have been frustrating.

Version 8.2.3 (latest El Capitan Multibeast) errors out no matter what you select for installation. The log claims:

01/24/18 10:50:06 - Starting MultiBeast 8.2.3-20160602
01/24/18 10:50:24 - Mounting EFI
01/24/18 10:50:25 - Installing 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC283 (BRIX Pro and NUC only)'
01/24/18 10:50:25 - Install of '/Applications/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover-ALC283.pkg' failed.
'installer: Package name is Clover ALC283
installer: Certificate used to sign package is not trusted. Use -allowUntrusted to override.
'. Exiting.

Same as OP. It likely isn't relevant, (since the cert expiration is the underlying issue), but I'm installing on an Intel NUC 5i5ryh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back