Contribute
Register

Untouched outside look Mac Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Job!

I love these old Mac Pros!
Can you give us some more images that we can do similar things?
How did you connect the rear USB, audio and LAN ports from the mainboard to the connectors plate?

Old school Mac Yeaaah!! :headbang:

Thanks! The case was 220€ including the functional mac hardware, original box and a unused keyboard and mouse. It was in near perfect condition externally, but I did manage to scratch up the inside a lot because my custom panels were initially to big. I also pulled a dent into the top when I forcefully removed a screw on the inside...aluminium is softer than it looks :)

I still have my old Power G5. I think about creating such kind of beautiful collector ;)

Superb mod! That is really nice looking.

That is an awesome looking build! Be curious to see if you have any detail pics of how everything is connected? Did you use some sort of header cables for the USB and couplers for the ethernet?

Great clean mod! I started working on my first G5 case mod and already bought three cases to collect the best parts. Maybe I'll sell the again and go further down the Mac Pro road as this built is extremely sexy!

This is awesome. This is exactly the route I want to take with my build. How are you getting the I/O from the graphics card to the rear pci slot. More pictures would be great! Great work!

So you don't need any extra fan on the PSU because you used the active units of the old one? I'm curious since I plan on doing the same thing, but I'm afraid it might get too hot in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back