Graphics
on-board
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, out here in Australia, it's proving hard to get my hands on a HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT (which Tonymac recommends the most).

So I am wondering, how much differnce is there between the models in that product line.

i.e I am after a similar 4530s with an i5, but I want to be confeident that it will work.

has anyone bought a different 4530s model and can confirm it works?

ty

Hey guys, out here in Australia, it's proving hard to get my hands on a HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT (which Tonymac recommends the most).

So I am wondering, how much differnce is there between the models in that product line.

i.e I am after a similar 4530s with an i5, but I want to be confeident that it will work.

has anyone bought a different 4530s model and can confirm it works?

ty

There are many people having success with different model 4530s. All will work. WiFi is the only variable and you never know which WiFi card you will get. So, at worst, you have to purchase an Atheros WiFi after the fact. Unless you need Radeon graphics in Windows, don't bother getting a laptop with it, as it is not supported in OS X (Intel HD3000 only).

there's another important variable.. it must be a i3,i5,or i7. No B940 or other celeron because they don't have hd3000 graphics and install will fail.

there's another important variable.. it must be a i3,i5,or i7. No B940 or other celeron because they don't have hd3000 graphics and install will fail.

Good point, and I forgot about those Celeron/Pentium systems. Sometimes if you intend to upgrade the CPU to i5/i7 those systems are the ones to get because they are cost effective way to get what you want...

I don't see too many 4530s w/o Core i-series for sale though...

Is there any compatibility issues with the processor, 3rd generation i5 ? I think in every posts, all are speaking about 2nd generation i- series. but hp has terminated its 2nd generation i-series in india.!!

Is there any compatibility issues with the processor, 3rd generation i5 ? I think in every posts, all are speaking about 2nd generation i- series. but hp has terminated its 2nd generation i-series in india.!!

The subject of this thread is "which 4530s" The 4x40s series is a different question. Certainly it will become more difficult to find a new 4x30s because they are last generation.

The subject of this thread is "which 4530s" The 4x40s series is a different question. Certainly it will become more difficult to find a new 4x30s because they are last generation.

actually i am talking about hp 4530s with intel core i5 3rd generation.

actually i am talking about hp 4530s with intel core i5 3rd generation.

I haven't ever seen a 4530s with i5 3rd gen? All 4x30s I've seen are Sandy Bridge. Where are you seeing that?

I haven't ever seen a 4530s with i5 3rd gen? All 4x30s I've seen are Sandy Bridge. Where are you seeing that?

Thank you for the quick reply.
4530s ivy bridge models are also available. i think it will work fine, right ?
Anyway I am going to buy sandy bridge itself.
I have some other doubts.
Is there any difference in installing process between 4430s and 4530s ? (Im planning to buy a 4430s because, its lighter and price is lower than 4530s)
Is there any RAM requirements ? I am getting a 2gb ram. Should I upgrade it to 4gb ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back