Contribute
Register

Unsupported GPU feels hot (RTX 2080) I'm trying to disable it?

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VII Formula
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi. I realize anytime when i boot into Big Sur (11.5.1) my discreet GPU (RTX 2080) runs constantly hot with fans. I've followed this guide : Disabling GPU | OpenCore Install Guide (dortania.github.io)

I already tried the "DeviceProperties Method" that didn't work because my gpu is still running hot so next option was the "SSDT Method" I went booting into windows to get the bios ID which is "\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP" it appears to be the same as the example in the SSDT Method instructions.

I downloaded the "Spoof-SSDT.dsl" sample that's provided and opened it up with MaciASL. The pci PATH looks the same (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP) so i assume i don't need to change anything and save it as an .asl file? I tried that and got a bunch of errors. When attempting to save as .asl it says:

"The document “Spoof-SSDT” could not be saved as “Spoof-SSDT”.

The compiler returned one or more errors."

I've attached a screen shot to show the errors i'm facing and also the "Spoof-SSDT.dsl" if anyone able to help sort it (thanks anyone in advance if not i can do it just tell me what i need to do) . Am i missing something?

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-30 at 03.37.17.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-30 at 03.37.17.png
    432 KB · Views: 25
  • Spoof-SSDT.dsl
    698 bytes · Views: 22
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VII Formula
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
UPDATE: I've also tried the "SSDT Method" and still my dGpu RTX 2080 is running hot with fans.

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VII Formula
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
CPU: Intel i7 4790k

GPU: RTX 2080 FE

RAM: 32 GB

Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Formula

Audio Codec: Realtek ALC1150

OC: 0.7.1 / BIG SUR 11.5.1

Guide followed: "Disabling desktops unsupported GPUs(SSDT-GPU-DISABLE) | Getting Started With ACPI (dortania.github.io) "

Hello I'm trying to disable my dGPU. It's constantly running hot while both two fans are running. This is my SECOND post on this matter, i'm thinking because i wasn't quite specific in detail , my last post was completely ignored. I get it. I've already looked around online deep searching. I already tried the above following guide and also the "Device Properties" Method. Still it's running hot with the fans continuously. I don't know what else to do.

Below is my attached config.plist and the SSDT-GPU-DISABLE.aml

Thanks in advance for anyone trying to help me solve this problem.

Cheers.

Attachments

• config.plist
    21.3 KB · Views: 21
  • SSDT-GPU-DISABLE.aml
    211 bytes · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
CPU: Intel i7 4790k

GPU: RTX 2080 FE

RAM: 32 GB

Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Formula

Audio Codec: Realtek ALC1150

OC: 0.7.1 / BIG SUR 11.5.1

Guide followed: "Disabling desktops unsupported GPUs(SSDT-GPU-DISABLE) | Getting Started With ACPI (dortania.github.io) "

Hello I'm trying to disable my dGPU. It's constantly running hot while both two fans are running. This is my SECOND post on this matter, i'm thinking because i wasn't quite specific in detail , my last post was completely ignored. I get it. I've already looked around online deep searching. I already tried the above following guide and also the "Device Properties" Method. Still it's running hot with the fans continuously. I don't know what else to do.

Below is my attached config.plist and the SSDT-GPU-DISABLE.aml

Thanks in advance for anyone trying to help me solve this problem.

Cheers.
no need for another thread, i have moved your post here

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VII Formula
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
no need for another thread, i have moved your post here
ok thanks but... this post has been ignored many times over................Would prefer the original one deleted and keep the new one but ok cool i guess..