Graphics
GeForce GTX 460 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have 10.5.8 on my Toshiba Mini NB200 netbook (without Optical Drive) I set smbios.plist to be MacBookAir.

I tried to use Remote Disc but it's not seeing any PC or HackPro, but I can connect to win PC with Finder>Go>Connect to server>smb://IP_ADDR/SHARED_FOLDER (pinging also working and PCs are in same workgroup [called "skupina" for your info :) which mean workgroup :D ])

Where is problem? (Bonjour?) And how can I fix it?

THX 4 Help

P.S.: Using Win7 Bootloader for selecting partition + Chameleon RC2 for boot config.

Is the remote cd drive set to shared on the other system?

Yes it is turned on but I cannot see ANY pc in network, dunno why.

you need to go into system preferences/sharing/options and click on file sharing then open options and select smb (windows). then on finder task bar click on go at bottom of menu select connect to server & enter the pc's ip address as smb://192.168.0.1 or whatever the pc's ip address is. just make sure you use smb:// first.

smb is working I wrote that but I want classical netwok discovery like is in Windows.
Click on network > and it should show about 5 - 20 PCs

OK, 1st connect to the pc, then go to system preferences/accounts/login items and click on + sign and select the pc on right hand side under shared. You'll have to enter each pc this way. Thats the only way I know how to do it. I can see other osx systems on my network but not windows. Don't know why. But this way does work.

One more thing, if you want them mounted on your desktop, go to Finder preferences/general and check connected servers.

Nothing under network ... for a few seconds after clicking on PC in network all PCs disappears and netwok is no longer shown in left sidebar. When I go to Ethan's MacBookAir > Network ... nothing's there. I will probably wait for summer holiday to install Snow Leo (maybe 10.6.3 at that time :D , with maybe working wifi :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back