CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
AirPlay seems to function only for bits and bits. It disappears and won't come back until I reset my Airport Express and then only for a short time or not at all. Doesn't show up in Airport Utility either when it disappears from the AirPlay list. I also don't see my AppleTV at all in the list. What's up!?! Works on other computers and devices flawlessly... Any ideas? :)

Re: AirPlay problems...

Seems to have been related to AppleHDA.kext, which I changed when I fixed the HDMI sound output. So I just installed the Audio kexts again in MB and all is well again.

Re: [Solved] AirPlay problems...

Bleargh... :banghead: Seems I was a bit too quick... It was probably just the reboot that fixed things, cause it went back to disfunctioning again today. Any ideas?

Right. This is about the only problem still bugging me. The problem is as follows:

All is fine on boot but after a couple of days or sometimes more than 3-4 days my AirPort Express device disappears altogether from both Airport Utility and iTunes and thus no AirPlay. It's completely random or at least I haven't been able to pinpoint where, when or why it happens. Sort of out of the blue, but I guess as it's a computer that's sort of impossible. It probably bothers my wife more than me and also gives her a reason for saying this whole Hackintosh business of mine is crap, so my honor as the technician of the family is slowly vaporizing :)
It doesn't disappear from my iDevices nor did it ever from my old computer, so it's Hack related... :(

But I also have a quick fix, which is to make the Ethernet Service in Network Prefs inactive for 10-15 secs and reactivate after that. It's quicker than rebooting, but still too difficult for my wife to bother to learn it. So it's probably related to Ethernet, no?

So what say you, any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back