Contribute
Register

Unsolvable Kernel Panic due to CPUSensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7 5500U
Graphics
HD5500U - R9 m375
Hi there! Im in a bit of a problem here.
It started with my installing the fakesmc with all its plugins, to S/L/E and removing fakeSMC from clover. This is what i started getting. (KP, org.hwsensors.driver.CPUsensors in backtrace)

IMG_2065.jpg

Since then, I have, one by one, Removed All Plugins and tried to boot without caches, reverted to my fakeSMC in clover, Even deleted the caches from S/L/Caches. Same problem. I recently emptied my Caches folder to no effect! The HWSensors.app was removed too.

I have left no trace at all of any fakeSMC plugin, and am theoretically at the same stage as before.
I had everything except WiFi working with my patched DSDT for my Lenovo Z51.

Where might this be coming from!?

EDIT: I use paragon hfs+ on my windows 8.1 to manipulate the OSx drive, and I face this panic while booting with -s, -x, -f and their combinations aswell.

Last edited:
Hi there! Im in a bit of a problem here.
It started with my installing the fakesmc with all its plugins, to S/L/E and removing fakeSMC from clover. This is what i started getting. (KP, org.hwsensors.driver.CPUsensors in backtrace)

View attachment 144721

Since then, I have, one by one, Removed All Plugins and tried to boot without caches, reverted to my fakeSMC in clover, Even deleted the caches from S/L/Caches. Same problem. I recently emptied my Caches folder to no effect! The HWSensors.app was removed too.

I have left no trace at all of any fakeSMC plugin, and am theoretically at the same stage as before.
I had everything except WiFi working with my patched DSDT for my Lenovo Z51.

Where might this be coming from!?

EDIT: I use paragon hfs+ on my windows 8.1 to manipulate the OSx drive, and I face this panic while booting with -s, -x, -f and their combinations aswell.

Fresh install. Once you get a bad kext stuck in cache, it is near impossible to remove it.

Don't use CPUSensors Plugin with Broadwell.

Fresh install. Once you get a bad kext stuck in cache, it is near impossible to remove it.

Don't use CPUSensors Plugin with Broadwell.

Yup. Booted to recovery and launched the install OS X app from terminal in there.
Reinstall fixed it. Thank You!

Where is this cache stored though? I looked online too, nothing came up except S/L/Caches.

Yup. Booted to recovery and launched the install OS X app from terminal in there.
Reinstall fixed it. Thank You!

Where is this cache stored though? I looked online too, nothing came up except S/L/Caches.

Deleting the cache will result in an unbootable system.

Deleting the cache will result in an unbootable system.

Where is it though? I had cleared S/L/E without affecting the panic.

Also, are the other plugins (GPU, ACPI, LPC) needed? Are they safe?

One last, off the topic query, is there no open source or stabler voodoo fork that supports ELAN better? That guy's "smart" ps2 is not so smart and stable with my trackpad after all..

One last, off the topic query, is there no open source or stabler voodoo fork that supports ELAN better? That guy's "smart" ps2 is not so smart and stable with my trackpad after all..

If you are referring to voodoops2 then "that guy" is Rehabman here :p.

I don't know if you should continue here -- I would recommend a new topic for your machine but describe what issues you are having.. he maybe able to help. (Its hard when you dont have the specific machine/hardware to debug)

The other Plugins are not applicable to laptops. For GPU, you're using Intel (GPU plugin applies only to discrete), ACPI requires special coding/DSDT patches, LPC generally doesn't support laptop LPC).

Encourage the author to open up the source. If I ever purchase a laptop with ELAN, I'll write my own driver.... less features but more stability (stability is more important than features).

What version Elan trackpad are you using? I've been working with the author to improve elan support. If you describe your issues, I'm sure we could get them sorted out. The driver does seem to be a bit buggy on El Cap in general as compared to Yosemite, though.

What version Elan trackpad are you using? I've been working with the author to improve elan support. If you describe your issues, I'm sure we could get them sorted out. The driver does seem to be a bit buggy on El Cap in general as compared to Yosemite, though.
Im using the latest stable, 4.4 65 bit.
My cursor randomly jumps to corners, two finger scroll and zoom are unpredictable and do random actions, and occasionally the whole pad changes to a scroll bar, not moving the pointer, just scrolling pages. Corner tap does not work either.

Im using the latest stable, 4.4 65 bit.
My cursor randomly jumps to corners, two finger scroll and zoom are unpredictable and do random actions, and occasionally the whole pad changes to a scroll bar, not moving the pointer, just scrolling pages. Corner tap does not work either.

Interesting. I haven't seen an Elan pad have issues like that in months. Could you post the results of these commands:

$ kextstat |grep -y smarttouch

$ kextstat |grep -y elan

and

$ sudo dmesg |grep -y std

Have you made any configuration edits to the driver's info.plists (corner tap is disabled by default)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back