Contribute
Register

[Unsolvable] Black screen when waking from sleep on Mojave 10.14.3, Lenovo G50-80, Broadwell HD 5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its basically changing Setup settings, ex. Speedstep -Enable/Disable.

You can also change DVMT

What bios vendor do you have? AMI? Phoenix?
No, DVMT settings are locked by Lenovo. Nearly all useful settings are locked. My BIOS vender is insydeh20.

No, DVMT settings are locked by Lenovo. Nearly all useful settings are locked. My BIOS vender is insydeh20.
This unlocks them by using an EFI Shell. If your extract the IFr file you will find DVMT, sleep state, ect variables that you can change.

Heres a guide that explains more and how to do it.

This unlocks them by using an EFI Shell. If your extract the IFr file you will find DVMT, sleep state, ect variables that you can change.

Heres a guide that explains more and how to do it.

Thanks for the help. Actually I have tried this a lot and searched the whole tonymacx86, the main difficulty for me is that even I am in the EFI shell, I cannot change the settings, they are locked by Lenovo.

The only choice I have is to do something more about hardware, BIOS flashing, etc. But I am not so experienced, and there are few posts about these kinds of technology, that's my main concern.

Thanks for the help. Actually I have tried this a lot and searched the whole tonymacx86, the main difficulty for me is that even I am in the EFI shell, I cannot change the settings, they are locked by Lenovo.

The only choice I have is to do something more about hardware, BIOS flashing, etc. But I am not so experienced, and there are few posts about these kinds of technology, that's my main concern.
Do you mean it says Offset is out of range?

Hi JackLeeu, I have the same problem as you, my laptop is i7 5500u with hd5500 1920x1080, and I can change the DVMT to 64mb in bios ,and did not change anything and even worse (can not access system just boot and restart even with whatevergreen). and I try all the methods mention before ,same as you

But I fund a device same as me , the laptop version is same , it doesnt have "wake" black screen issue, and I found his edid is different as my device. (I get his efi and replace to my efi , same "wake" black screen issus, only different is the edid ).

so I guess the only solution is to replace a monitor !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back