Contribute
Register

[Unsolvable] Black screen when waking from sleep on Mojave 10.14.3, Lenovo G50-80, Broadwell HD 5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the following:
  1. Delete all the values in Add Properties
  2. Use Graphics Tab for correct ig-platform-id 16160002
  3. Replace Whatevergreen with IntelGraphicsFixup and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup
The display works well, but the black screen issue still exists.

Did the following:
  1. Delete all the values in Add Properties
  2. Use Graphics Tab for correct ig-platform-id 16160002
  3. Replace Whatevergreen with IntelGraphicsFixup and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup
The display works well, but the black screen issue still exists.
Alot of other HD5500 users have this, it can be caused by a BIOS problem, and edid fix, a resolution upgrade, no clue on how to fix it mainly its just luck if its works

Buddy, please answer me. I have exact god damn same laptop as yours and i want to know, have you enabled integrated bluetooth and R5 m230 gpu? I have big probs with that. And i want to know what you did to improve your performance :)

Bluetooth can be enabled see https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM
AMD Graphics is not supported as far as I can see.
You should read sticky post in tonymacx86 as carefully as possible, good luck to you.
Can you please send me files and paths that you exactly using for enabling bluetooth? I've enabled everything, just dunno what files for bluetooth i need. Please, help

Bluetooth can be enabled see https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM
AMD Graphics is not supported as far as I can see.
You should read sticky post in tonymacx86 as carefully as possible, good luck to you.
Hey I think I may have found something within my BIOS setup variable that could solve your problem.

If you are familiar with how to extract the Setup IFR file from your BIOS, then within it try to search for S3 Video Repost. Within my BIOS, the default was 0x0 (Off). Try extracting yours, find the variable and reenable it 0x1 (On)

Hey I think I may have found something within my BIOS setup variable that could solve your problem.

If you are familiar with how to extract the Setup IFR file from your BIOS, then within it try to search for S3 Video Repost. Within my BIOS, the default was 0x0 (Off). Try extracting yours, find the variable and reenable it 0x1 (On)
Thanks, but I cannot write the modified BIOS, it's locked by Lenovo.

Thanks, but I cannot write the modified BIOS, it's locked by Lenovo.
Your not flashing a new BIOS, just modifying the current one you have.

@AnonymousMacPC

But what should I do on modified the BIOS file? I have no permission to apply the changes to my BIOS.

@AnonymousMacPC

But what should I do on modified the BIOS file? I have no permission to apply the changes to my BIOS.
Its basically changing Setup settings, ex. Speedstep -Enable/Disable.

You can also change DVMT

What bios vendor do you have? AMI? Phoenix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back