Contribute
Register

Unpatched, Original AppleHDA.kext Sierra 10.12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a stable working system for four years. Started with Yosemite and am currently on Sierra. About a week ago I decided it was time to start the migration / upgrade to High Sierra. I was in Clover and did something wrong when it asked to update...I clicked continue three times in Clover and forgot to click customize and I believe it overwrote my files. I am mostly backup now with NVIDIA graphic working via web divers, but I cannot get sound to work. In the past I would use audio_realtekALC-120_v1.0d.command to patch my Realtek 1150. Now I am getting the message:

codec: 8b19d411 is missing
S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is not native
Install native AppleHDA.kext

I really need to understand what I need to do next. From the hours of reading here, I think I need to install an original unmodified AppleHDA.kext...sounds simple enough, but for the life of me I have not figured out how to do that part. I built this system and have some experience with how things work, but a lot is cold storage and the last thing I want to do is make another error and crash my system again.

OSX - Sierra - working well and stable for two years.
CPU – Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H LGA 1150 Z97 Ultra Durable UEFI DualBIOS ATX
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8191 MB
Memory - Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800)
SSDs - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
Power - Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply
Monitor - Samsung U28D590

Attachments

• config.pdf
    21.9 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back