Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B75M-D3H
CPU
Xeon
Graphics
HD 6870
I'm trying to make ALC887 work on Sierra but I forgot to backup the original AppleHDA. Could someone help me please? Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to make ALC887 work on Sierra but I forgot to backup the original AppleHDA. Could someone help me please? Thanks in advance!

Extracted with pacifist, from freshly downloaded macOS 10.12 :
AppleHDA.kext.zip

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 17,820
Many thanks for taking the time to upload this kext, saved me from downloading the installer again and of course thanks to tonymacx86 for this resource website.

You are very welcome.
Unfortunately for me, just getting the original kext didn't work. I had to reinstall Sierra, just cause of the audio.

I even posted a thread, a guide on my hardware and how I got it to work, but seems like the thread was removed without any warning. Just wandering what's up with that.
Spent hours typing it and it's just gone... No explanation whatsoever...

Im gonna try also, no sound hopely i dont have to reinstall

up date.

installed original kext ran multibeast 9 selected scl/887 legacy... sound works

Last edited:
Extracted with pacifist, from freshly downloaded macOS 10.12 :
AppleHDA.kext.zip

Super Sweet! Thank you for posting that! Solved my audio problem with Sierra on a Dell Inspiron 15 7559. After I used the migration app to move my user account from my MBP, my Hackintosh lost audio. So thank you!

installed original kext ran multibeast 9 selected scl/887 legacy... sound works
Thank you for direction. Also installed native AppleHDA.kext, but Multibeast 9 didn't help in my case.
Solved by installing native AppleHDA and executing audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0f1.command - unfortunately I don't remember the link.
And thank you very much to toleda!

Last edited:
Thank you man!! Saved the day!

thank u.
witch kext installer to use for sierra? i used kext wizard is that ok?

what is vanilla AppleHDA.kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back