Unlock with Apple Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
Graphics
GTX 960
So, I've got my hackintosh running Sierra and have the "Product Name" set to an iMac (14,2) in Clover Configurator. My systems is about 18 monhts old and runs a GA-Z97X-UD7 TH motherboard.

The nvidia web drivers are a bit squirrelly (I have two nvidia cards running three monitors) - some things just don't look right, and I needed to patch my sound kext, but other than that, everything seems fine.

"About this Mac" shows it's set as a "Late 2013" iMac. Bluetooth works fine. I now want to be able to unlock the hackintosh with my Apple Watch, just like I can with my Macbook - but the option doesn't show up.

Anybody have watch unlock working properly that can provide some pointers?

Thanks!

There was a post on r/hackintosh of some guy having it work.

I think as long as you have Handoff working correctly for FaceTime/Safari/Etc. it should technically work since it's using Bluetooth

I have handoff and continuity working correctly but am unable to get apple watch to unlock. I see the checkbox in security but after I turn it on it doesnt actually work. can you link that ****** article? I searched around but wasnt able to find it.

AlphaFox I have exactly same problem as you. I'm using Dell Lattitude e7450 with replaced Dw1560, running latest Sierra 10.12.1, Clover.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back