Contribute
Register

Unlock With Apple Watch Not Working In Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes all other continuity features work for me as well, including approve with Apple Watch. It’s only unlock that’s broken. And it was previously working on 10.15.0.

The watch unlock is finicky already, I had it work sometimes and not work other times with my 2018 Mac mini. It works most of the time on my Hacks but even then sometimes it does not work. You could try moving the BT cable from one USB header to the one next to it. You might need to update your USB SSDT or Kext to enable the port.

I have a original Mac Pro 5.1 in which I installed Mojave and with Continuity Activation Tool and other manual changes in SystemParameters.plist file, everything worked. After install Catalina with Mac OS 10.15 Patcher and the same manual changes in SystemParameters.plis file, Apple Watch unlocks the Apps but not the computer when it is stopped. I've been trying to fix the problem for 2 months but I can't !
P.S. Obviously in my Mac Pro I have update WI-FI card AC and BT 4.0

I have trying reset my AW password but still same situation :-X I'm looking for help on other websites but no one has come up with a solution yet.

Same issue here, glad to know I'm not alone. Let's hope macOS 10.15.2 will fix this…
Seems that 10.15.2 does not resolve this.

I recently updated from 10.14.6 (Patch 2) directly to 10.15.1, and it was at this point I lost the ability to unlock with my Apple Watch - post the update I followed The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration published by @UtterDisbelief, thinking it may be a problem with how my USB ports were being presented to the OS, albeit to no avail :banghead:

Seems that 10.15.2 does not resolve this.

I recently updated from 10.14.6 (Patch 2) directly to 10.15.1, and it was at this point I lost the ability to unlock with my Apple Watch - post the update I followed The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration published by @UtterDisbelief, thinking it may be a problem with how my USB ports were being presented to the OS, albeit to no avail :banghead:

I can confirm for me as well, no change with 10.15.2…

If someone has an idea to fix this bug…

You guys could try a fresh install.

I can confirm the same. 10.15.2 update did not fix. I even tried all of the normal troubleshooting steps over again just to be sure.

1. Unpaired my apple watch and repaired
2. Signed out of icloud on mac, restarted and signed back in
3. Restarted phone watch and mac
4. Toggled wifi and bluetooth radios

Nothing works. It's so strange that approve with apple watch works but unlock with apple watch does not. I would expect that they use the exact same process since they are both about authentication.

Out of curiosity do you have the following in your logs?
error 11:53:48.615245-0500 bluetoothd No Devices In Whitelist

I have a very similar problem (though I'm running on imac 18,3). I aswell followed the "new beginners guide for usb" and got handoff, bluetooth etc. working well – except for the watch thing. Currently running 10.15.2.

Password confirmation via Apple Watch within system preferences works, but curiously only for a short amount of time, right after I enable "Use apple watch to unlock apps and your mac" in the preferences. If I try confirming something 5 minutes later it promts the dialogue, but my watch doesn't react to it.

Watch unlock does not work at all (simply times out after a few seconds and shows the password input). Disabling "Wake for network access" fixed this problem for some, unfortunately not for me. Would be really thankful if someone was able to produce a fix for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back