Contribute
Register

Unlock Apple Watch is not appearing in settings or system report and sidecar doesn't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a bcm94360cd and there is no option available to use unlock with Apple Watch it should be a native card I believe. Strangely, in order to get wifi working I had to use the kext: AirportBrcmFixup.kext, in order for wifi to work. The only things that appear to not currently work on my build are sidecar, video won't come through, unlock w/ Apple Watch, add iPhone hotspot voodoo magic linking(still works as a normal hotspot). Airdrop and handoff both work without issue.

Sidecar only "connects" when I plug in using usb then though, I only get the menu action bars no screen space to utilize. I already did the Netflix iGPU fix so I don't think it is a graphics issue. Kind of assuming they are all stemming from here but just kind of pointing fingers at this point haha.

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 9.27.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 9.29.54 AM.png

Please let me know of any ideas you all have. I am currently running on 10.15.4.

Last edited:
Thinking about buying a fenvi card instead any suggestions? It seems like it would be the same thing though. The current card I have is from and old build so maybe it never did support Auto Unlock.

FWIW, I have a real Mac Mini 2018 and it exhibits the same symptoms your describe. Apple Watch will unlock sometimes but will quit working until a restart and I haven't figured out why. It is so unreliable I'm probably going to just turn off the feature and use my password. Also, Sidecar only works on my iPad Pro 2018 with the USBC cable attached. It might be useful to compare symptoms to real Mac to see if it is really a Hackintosh related problem or buggy Mac OS or Apple hardware.
If anyone is curious, I'm replicating my Mac Mini in Hackintosh form so I can ditch to finicky Thunderbolt connection to my eGPU that disconnects and kernel panics if you look at it funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back