iks

Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3P(17G14042)
CPU
i7-2600K [email protected]
Graphics
Quadro P4000
Hi Ppl,
I ve searched on the forum but i did not find something similar. I am no expert and may be its pointless but,
ive noticed a constant tcp connection to 17*57*146*162 on port 5223.
When i check the owner, its APPLE-ENGINEERING, California. On the web, its not documented.
I ve looked the running services but i dont see odd ones, that i can kill at least.
This link is always on, is this the updater ? or mandatory service, coz i ve turned off the updates.
Could it be backdoor and a spoofed ip ?
Regards'

According to web lore, port 5223 is devoted to a persistant connection supporting push notifications, facetime, icloud, etc.

There are 10–100 ways a mac phones to and around home. A Mac is not a divisible autonomous system that only talks to the interwebz in direct response to your initiations. It is engaged with the web all the time for all kinds of reasons, which are all, in context, legit.

Unless you are going to put some time into study of macOS services, you should put the matter of surveying them out of your mind.

Consider an outbound firewall where the FW designers have organized the base rules.

Thx c-o-pr, i was worried since iwas playin with ssh and i noticed this alien ip l:
And the snitch consider its not part of apple services. Anyway you made my day.
Regards'
edit:but a built in solid link ? what about punctual. nevermind d:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back