Contribute
Register

Unknown Problem on macOS Sierra install on Toshiba Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

this is my first foray into creating a hackintosh. I already have Win 10 installed on my Toshiba Satellite L50-A-19N. I have created a usb via UniBeast off a Mac, using the UEFI Boot option (tried legacy boot but PC did not recognise USB). Aftr selecting 'Boot OSX' in Clover, I get the attached screens. I am at a total loss as I do not know what the issue is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_0088.JPG IMG_0089.JPG

Hi,

this is my first foray into creating a hackintosh. I already have Win 10 installed on my Toshiba Satellite L50-A-19N. I have created a usb via UniBeast off a Mac, using the UEFI Boot option (tried legacy boot but PC did not recognise USB). Aftr selecting 'Boot OSX' in Clover, I get the attached screens. I am at a total loss as I do not know what the issue is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

View attachment 221728 View attachment 221729

That screen and the solution is covered in the guide (read post #2).

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Unfortunately, I could not find the solution on the given link. Could you please specify in which part of post no. 2 the solution is to be found?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I could not find the solution on the given link. Could you please specify in which part of post no. 2 the solution is to be found?

Thanks.
you should probably start from post 1 and start afresh, for the issue you are having is because you need to use VoodooPS2Controller.kext so the mac can see your keyboard and trackpad

Thanks.

Start over. Follow it as written.

Start over. Follow it as written.

I have done as you have said and restarted from post #1 on the given link and the previous problem seems to have been fixed. Unfortunately, I am still having problems.

After going through the installer twice from the USB, as instructed, I am going to "Boot OS X from your partition" to finish off the installation, where I am getting the following error: "macOS could not be installed on your computer. Unable to unmount volume for repair. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again"

I am not sure why I am going through the installer twice as I would have thought that the installation would just continue and maybe this might have an effect on my problem. Any help is always appreciated.

I have done as you have said and restarted from post #1 on the given link and the previous problem seems to have been fixed. Unfortunately, I am still having problems.

After going through the installer twice from the USB, as instructed, I am going to "Boot OS X from your partition" to finish off the installation, where I am getting the following error: "macOS could not be installed on your computer. Unable to unmount volume for repair. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again"

I am not sure why I am going through the installer twice as I would have thought that the installation would just continue and maybe this might have an effect on my problem. Any help is always appreciated.

I have now amended the version in Clover Bootscreen before going into the HDD partition and mac now asks me to reinstall Sierra. After pressing continue, I get "To download and restore macOS, your computer's eligibility will be verified with Apple" after which I press continue and nothing happens, although it is not freezing as mouse still moves. Any idea as to why this is happening?

I have now amended the version in Clover Bootscreen before going into the HDD partition and mac now asks me to reinstall Sierra. After pressing continue, I get "To download and restore macOS, your computer's eligibility will be verified with Apple" after which I press continue and nothing happens, although it is not freezing as mouse still moves. Any idea as to why this is happening?

Sounds like you didn't create the USB installer correctly.
No idea what you mean by "amended the version".

I have managed to install macOS Sierra correctly. Now I need to finish it off with kexts and install Clover permanently to always choose between windows and mac when booting. Any idea where I can find the kexts, clover installer?

Info from Windows Device Manager:
WIFI: Atheros AR956x Adapter
Ethernet: Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Controller
BT: Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0
Display: Intel HD Graphics 4600, NVIDIA GeForce 740M
Sound: IDT High Definition CODEC

Thanks.

I have managed to install macOS Sierra correctly. Now I need to finish it off with kexts and install Clover permanently to always choose between windows and mac when booting. Any idea where I can find the kexts, clover installer?

Info from Windows Device Manager:
WIFI: Atheros AR956x Adapter
Ethernet: Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Controller
BT: Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0
Display: Intel HD Graphics 4600, NVIDIA GeForce 740M
Sound: IDT High Definition CODEC

Thanks.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back