Contribute
Register

universal x79 guide mobo use your imagination Mavericks 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
your welcome these flags should get u in if u dont want to go the chameleon wizard route -v cpus=1 dart=0 npci=0x2000

Hi Stehor, great post.

I unfortunately came across your post too late :(

So I would only ask you few things... (before I start a complete new installation of Maverick due to "bad" multi beast and Chameloen wizard settings)

Could you be so kind to see my post here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...way-avoid-complete-maverick-installation.html

So…I will be grateful to get a reply …THX

EDIT: Just to note that I am using an SSD disk so in multi beast I checked the TRIM enabler (good/bad?)
...And asking about a confusing npci 2000 or 3000 usage, on the screenshots you have checked the 3000 option, but in your post you are saying to use 2000.
Second thing…you have two kexts attached, when should I use them? Before or after multi beast installation? and if I need them anyway (in which scenario)?
Do I need to uncheck (not use) the CPU management kext from Multibeast in the case that I use the one you have attached?

mel check your other thread i replied

thx, I will check it ASAP

I replied it. Check it :)

I just finished the procedure by your new instruction, i did not used chameleon wizard, just in case to be sure to not mess up with something.

I rebooted and manually entered again the ncpi=0x2000 dart=0

unfortunately no success :(
here is the screenshot where it stopped:
DSC_0116~2.jpg

hope that you have time to help me out

Thanks in advance for your replies

use flags -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 dart=0 then add voodoo kext in MB for cpu support then u won't need cpus=1 flag to start up. sorry my info was based on another site and looks like his info wasn't correct regarding native cpu support for x79 in 10.9.2

use flags -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 dart=0 then add voodoo kext in MB for cpu support then u won't need cpus=1 flag to start up. sorry my info was based on another site and looks like his info wasn't correct regarding native cpu support for x79 in 10.9.2

if I understood correctly, standard procedure like I did, only add in MB voodoo kext, in chameleon wizard I should only check after MB do its job, the standard 0x2000 and dart=0, not anymore cpus=1, correct?

I forgot to mention that the CPU on the mother board is a Xeon 8 core if this makes a difference.

If you could post more detailed screnshots as you are used to, for my personal specific configuration, I would be really glad. To not spam the thread, maybe you can post it on my PM.

mel u don't have PM enabled in your settings also only check npci=0x2000 and dart=0 in chameleon wizard add you dsdt free alc audio later.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 11.54.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 11.54.58 AM.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 129
Guys, please don't use PMs to solve problems as it robs others of a solution. TIA. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules and Policies:
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

mel u don't have PM enabled in your settings also only check npci=0x2000 and dart=0 in chameleon wizard add you dsdt free alc audio later.

I solved all of the problems slightly differently from your suggestions.

my hackintosh is fully working

I will post a detailed description how I did it for all the users out there with the same motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back