Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I created a short first impressions video of the new Apollo Twin thunderbolt interface which I run on my UP5-TH Hackintosh. So far I absolutely love it and have had zero problems, the thing is built like a tank too.

[video=youtube_share;1vUmaIPOHfU]http://youtu.be/1vUmaIPOHfU[/video]

Thanks you for this review, I really like the design & features of this audio interface. So bad it is only Thunderbolt as my hack doesn't have one.

But I sure will do a hack with one GA Z87X UD7 TH or other Thunderbolt fitted board, when I'll have the money to!

The twin is the only reason I want to go to Thunderbolt, happy it runs perfectly for you :)

Would you mind making a guide. This is really intresting!

Great Video !
and what do you think about ud7 th with my apollo ?
i use it with a firewire, but i would like change by thunderbolt connectik...

with your ud5th do you use 32gbram? cause few month ago there were problems (freezes) beyond the 16gram.

thks

I created a short first impressions video of the new Apollo Twin thunderbolt interface which I run on my UP5-TH Hackintosh. So far I absolutely love it and have had zero problems, the thing is built like a tank too.

Hey mate!

Great first look at the Apollo Twin - quick question/clarification: did you get the single or duo? You might want to add a bit of clarity about the 2 options for those not familiar with this new interface & let us know which one you're sporting.
:headbang:

In fact, if you have a moment, please add this interface in a new post about your findings (and maybe even reshare the video) over here: Confirmed Audio Interfaces

The guy who started the thread will then add the Apollo Twin (solo/duo) to the master compatibility list in the OP.

Cheers!
--B

I've had an Apollo Twin Duo for the last few days and it is working well.

I do think that the console app is a bit rubbish due to its limited routing, but I am comparing it to RME's totalmixFX.

Sorry only just realised the activity on this thread, that's half term for you. I got the solo (one dsp) instead of the duo (two dsps) purely for financial reasons and I do have a Satellite Duo as well. If you only want to use the plugins for tracking through the console app then the solo is probably ok but it's a bit like crack and you will soon want more !!!!

Hey mate!

Great first look at the Apollo Twin - quick question/clarification: did you get the single or duo? You might want to add a bit of clarity about the 2 options for those not familiar with this new interface & let us know which one you're sporting.
:headbang:

In fact, if you have a moment, please add this interface in a new post about your findings (and maybe even reshare the video) over here: Confirmed Audio Interfaces

The guy who started the thread will then add the Apollo Twin (solo/duo) to the master compatibility list in the OP.

Cheers!
--B

I have 16Gb in my UP5 TH, no problems at all :)

Great Video !
and what do you think about ud7 th with my apollo ?
i use it with a firewire, but i would like change by thunderbolt connectik...

with your ud5th do you use 32gbram? cause few month ago there were problems (freezes) beyond the 16gram.

thks

I've had an Apollo Twin Duo for the last few days and it is working well.

I do think that the console app is a bit rubbish due to its limited routing, but I am comparing it to RME's totalmixFX.

I completely agree. I have the apollo Quad and two sets of studio monitors and theres no way to switch between the tow pairs with ease.Also when i use this card with my macbook pro and cinema display, my fans go bonkers!!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back