Contribute
Register

Universal Audio Apollo Twin Thunderbolt on Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created a short first impressions video of the new Apollo Twin thunderbolt interface which I run on my UP5-TH Hackintosh. So far I absolutely love it and have had zero problems, the thing is built like a tank too.

[video=youtube_share;1vUmaIPOHfU]http://youtu.be/1vUmaIPOHfU[/video]

Theres no question that the Apollo sounds great though if your using one of the smaller ones you'll be doing a lot of bouncing because those plugins are whores on DSP. I have a quad and i run out of DSP all the time. the 610 is a beast

Although officially unsupported, I have just successfully run my Apollo Twin Duo with a UAD Solo/laptop card at the same time.

Ok thk you so much
EDIT:
Do you have this kind of problem ?
The CPU doesn't want down at x8 (800mhz idle), it stuck between 3.5 until 4.2gz
it seems to provied from the uad installer, if i uninstall it, all become normal...

any sugestion?

sorry for my english

Ok thk you so much
EDIT:
Do you have this kind of problem ?
The CPU doesn't want down at x8 (800mhz idle), it stuck between 3.5 until 4.2gz
it seems to provied from the uad installer, if i uninstall it, all become normal...

any sugestion?

sorry for my english

No not had any problems like that, mine is as it always has been, it sits at 1.7 and tops out at 3.5 like normal.

Just as an addition, installing Mac Pro definition 6,1 seems to stop this working, I can only assume it is to do with the Thunderbolt. Simply fixed by reverting to Mac Pro 3,1.

Thks again Smfleton for your help.

unfortunetly i did to change by 3.1, but the muliplier is always stuck at x35. :(

Héhé ;-)

i was already at 6,1 too.
both doesn't work.

somebody told me that the problem Come from speedstep.
its too complicate for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back