Contribute
Register

Universal Audio Apollo Twin Thunderbolt on Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 2 weeks of a nightmare I have word from Asus that I bought a bad Mobo.
I am sending the Mobo back for a refund but will have to purchase a new Mobo.

I have a i7-7700K
Sending back (Asus Maximus IX Hero)
GTX 1070
Ballistix 64 LT Sport

I was able to get 10.12.6 installed on my Samsung M.2.
System was stable.
I also have a Samsung Evo 1TB and Seagate 7200 3TB drive.

I ran into the Thunderbolt issue so I bought the Asus THunderbolt3 PCIE and the Apple TB3 to Tb2 converter.

Unfortunately with the bad Mobo I was not able to get Windows running or drivers for TB3 updated.
All My USB ports kept freezing and unfreezing. Even with nothing plugged into MOBO and BIOS updated it still would lock out ports and I was unable to do anything. When I plug my M.2 back in and get into 10.12.6 USB ports would also restart computer and freeze ports.

So my question is what is my best bet for Mobo that will work with my drives, chip, graphics, TB3 PCIe and ram?

I want to make sure that I will be able to run my studio and chain of Apollo twin, Apollo 8 (TB chain).

So my question is what is my best bet for Mobo that will work with my drives, chip, graphics, TB3 PCIe and ram?
That' an interesting Question, probably we should open a entirely new Thread for it. I heard from Audio PC builders that it is very important which mainbaord (chipset etc) to choose regarding RealTime Performance. I bet that also applied to macOS no ?

Hi everybody!
Today I finished installation Yosemite on MSI-G45 Thunderbolt with Clover.
UAD MKii works good If I login in to BIOS and then boot to SSD.
Some times my UAD can't be found, so I have to restart through BIOS.

Was Up guys!!

I've been running my system for a while now and I have an issue when sometimes my system after booting won't connect my Apollo twin duo. On system report under thunderbolt, it shows the device but won't connect to UAD control panel. Have to reboot a few times before it will connect. Anyone has a fix to this issue?

Specs:
z87x-ud7-th
i7-4770k
32GB 1600 mhz Ram
AMD Radeon R9 280x
Apollo Twin Duo.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 7.20.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 7.20.37 AM.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.