Contribute
Register

Unique! X99 Mini-ITX Build - ASRock X99E-ITX/ac - SSD SM951 - 6 core 5820K - 32GB - GTX970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

If you´re stuck on the io bluetooth line, and you´re using a video card that for sure is compatible with the standard drivers in osx, then just do the following:

If you get the error message, just reboot and do it again. It happened to me that sometimes, I got it 2 or even 3 times before it booted in the USB. Just keep using the same flags 2 or 3 times, until it boots.

If that doesn´t work, try these other flags: (but please try doing npci=0x2000 -v many times, because it happened to me that it would fail and suddenly it would boot.)

npci=0x2000 -v UseKernelCache=No

nv_disable is not needed, imo. Because it disables the nvidia drivers, and you still hasn´t installed them. You´ll use nvda_drv=1 once you installed the nvidia web drivers, later in the install process.

Dear luchazo,

I hope to get some help here as well, and create insight for others.

First off, I run P1.40 (BIOS version) because otherwise my 2x16GB Vengeance would do.

My setup:
P1.40 (BIOS)
2x16GB Vengeance XMP
GTX970 (boot from HDMI, does it matter?)
SATA6 SSD

If I run exactly as said in the guide (followed it multiple times), I run into this:
IMG_20151212_221048.jpg

I can't find anything about this.

I have to turn off USB3.0 (not Auto or Smart Auto, but Disabled), in order to get further:
IMG_20151212_213212.jpg

This is where you advice others to restart ad infinitum, but this really doesn't help me.

Then I tried this and it got me what seems to be further:
IMG_20151212_224051.jpg

Booting using: -v -f dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

I need to get this bloody system installed, as it's not for me, sadly ;)

How would you recommend going about. Is a OOB supported GPU really necessary? I've never had to install this way, given the right boot flags.

I'm also curious about all the SandBox related text, that claims no read problems on a lot of apps that I suppose would load if the installer would start.

I tried running with Clover as well (as I did get a X99 Sabertooth to work like this), but to no avail, with all kinds of troubles. I can tell you about this as well, but I thought we'd start with your way.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

Al

Hi AlBeast,

I've come back again to the group.
I've been away due to work.

I am now trying to install El Capitan with Clover in my X99E-ITX/ac and I'm getting nowhere
But that left aside, I see that you're installing Yosemite with the GTX 970 inside.
If you check my guide (first post), I used an alternative video card for the installation process, and then change it for the GTX 970. that's why you're being stuck at the IOBluetooth step.

Please check my guide again and see the steps where I say that I'm using a GT430 instead of the GTX970, until I get OSX bootable in my hard drive. At that time you install the web drivers for GTX970, and then change the video card, and it will work.

regards

Hi AlBeast,

I've come back again to the group.
I've been away due to work.

I am now trying to install El Capitan with Clover in my X99E-ITX/ac and I'm getting nowhere
But that left aside, I see that you're installing Yosemite with the GTX 970 inside.
If you check my guide (first post), I used an alternative video card for the installation process, and then change it for the GTX 970. that's why you're being stuck at the IOBluetooth step.

Please check my guide again and see the steps where I say that I'm using a GT430 instead of the GTX970, until I get OSX bootable in my hard drive. At that time you install the web drivers for GTX970, and then change the video card, and it will work.

regards

Hi
Have you made any progress?

Ive just finished my windows build but am curious as to how you are getting on.

thanks

Hi both!

I've installed El Cap following Clover method and it worked too.
But I've been using my hardware with Windows 10 only for the last months.
I'm actually waiting for the new Mac Pro Skylake , whenever it goes out, to switch the system for that one.
I'm retired for now on this topic :)
(My new baby girl, and that we're in the middle of moving out to a bigger place, have changed priorities a lot - for good - hahaha)

Best regards

Hi both!

I've installed El Cap following Clover method and it worked too.
But I've been using my hardware with Windows 10 only for the last months.
I'm actually waiting for the new Mac Pro Skylake , whenever it goes out, to switch the system for that one.
I'm retired for now on this topic :)
(My new baby girl, and that we're in the middle of moving out to a bigger place, have changed priorities a lot - for good - hahaha)

Best regards

So we can just follow a clover guide and it should work fine?

Hi guys, i've got an almost identical build to Luchano, apart from not installing on my sm951 and installing on a 850pro ssd, and a 980ti. Pretty green at mac, but i'm keen to get logic pro x running. Luchazo, can you link me to a successful clover guide that you've used? I was getting stuck on the same error up the top as Albeast when following this guide. I've tried with my old 8800gt, tried various guides on both here and insanely mac with no success so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back