Contribute
Register

Unique! X99 Mini-ITX Build - ASRock X99E-ITX/ac - SSD SM951 - 6 core 5820K - 32GB - GTX970

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned using MacPro3,1 rather than MacPro6,1.

Did you try 6,1 ? Just wondering why you avoided using it....

Yes, I tried 6,1 and it does not boot. It fails without an error message that I can see (like other times when it gives a kernel panic and you can see the error)

Thank you for the guide, luchazo! I'll start with a similar build soon.

Is bluetooth working for you?

Thank you for the guide, luchazo! I'll start with a similar build soon.

Is bluetooth working for you?

Yes, bluetooth works fine.
Irt has the following half mini-pcie card, so you just need to follow Toleda's guide for it.

AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E card

For extra details on the motherboard and the included components, you can read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7112/asrock-x99e-itx-ac-mini-intel-x99-motherboard-review/index2.html

Audio was a little trickier, but it works too. It has the ALC1150 chip, so you need to focus on that to make it work. I have the details on how to do it, but I'm not at home right now.

Also, bluetooth is trickier once you use it. It may be disconnected as reported by other users, specially if you're sharing the same keyboard and trackpad with other computers.

Audio was a little trickier, but it works too. It has the ALC1150 chip, so you need to focus on that to make it work. I have the details on how to do it, but I'm not at home right now.

Also, bluetooth is trickier once you use it. It may be disconnected as reported by other users, specially if you're sharing the same keyboard and trackpad with other computers.

Good to hear it's possible to make it work. Would be great if you can post the details when you're home.

I think I'll have all my parts ready at the end of next week. Can't wait!

I tried Mac Pro 5,1 and it also works.

6,1 is the one that fails to boot only.

Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 12.28.36 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back