GYGABYTE
CPU
INTEL I7
Graphics
NVIDIA GT740
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi guys,

I have tried to find any related thread with no luck.

After 5 years of running Mac OS on my machine, I have decided to move to Windows for the sake of stability on my system.

I have a 250gb SSD and two 1TB drives, one SSD and one solid drive. The 250gb one holds the Mac OS system.

I use High Sierra and boot with Clover.

How can I format the Mac OS installation drive and install windows in the same space?
I am aware I have to reformat the drive to ExFat for Windows, but I am lost as to what steps to take and in what order.

Also, the other two drives are set to MacOS Journaled, so I guess I have to format them to the ExFat file system before installing Windows?

Many thanks,

I have tried to find any related thread with no luck.
This question has been posted several times previously.

I am aware I have to reformat the drive to ExFat for Windows
exFAT is a file system for flash drives, Windows uses NTFS.

You can format the drive(s) from the Windows installer.

I've downloaded the Windows 10 install file from microsoft. But when I insert the flash drive into my machine and reboot, I get a black screen with blinking cursor in the top left corner.

I'm stumped...any help? I see were @P1LGRIM commented with "This question has been posted several times previously." but can't find a thread that provides sufficient help.

@mikelcg were you ever successful in wiping the MacOS and resetting your machine to run Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back