Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have GA-Z77X-UD5H 1155 ATX with the Intel 3770K, I do not have a video card installed and Have been using the HD4000 since I made the thing without any problems whatsoever. Lately, maybe in the past 3 days, I've noticed some tearing when moving windows across the screen and watching video. And I checked in the preferences and now I have Cuda menu in the preference pane. I followed this directions"
remove /usr/local/cuda

/System/Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext

/System/Library/StartupItems/CUDA "
and I still have this problem. Does anybody know how to completely remove the cuda drivers or do I just need to reformat this thing?

Thanks, but that folder doesn't exist on my computer. Should I maybe try installing the driver and then look for that uninstaller?
I didn't mention it in the original post but I have no idea how the cuda driver got installed.

"/Library/Application Support/NVIDIA

Yeah, it allowed me to remove from preference pane but that didn't do anything. I'll try installing it and then removing it legitimately.

I am also trying to get rid of it without 100% success yet

Old thread but posting solution in case anyone needs to use it like I recently did:

Using sudo, run "uninstall_cuda_drv.pl" located in /usr/bin/
Using sudo, run "uninstall_cuda_9.0.pl" located in /Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-9.0/bin/

Just a heads up - I recently got a new Macbook Pro with the i7 core cpu.

I migrated my old profile from my 2017 Retina and has the same issues.

To fix, I removed these files manually by following this guide:

/Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist
/Library/PreferencePanes/CUDA Preferences.prefPane
/System/Library/Extensions/CUDA
/System/Library/StartupItems/CUDA
/usr/local/cuda/lib/libcuda.dylib

It now solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back