Contribute
Register

Unibeast/Yosemite USB freezes halfway through loading installer; shows "NO" symbol (pictured)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6770k
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Having an issue loading the Yosemite installer through Unibeast.

The actual creation of a Unibeast installer flash drive went fine (or so it appeared) - but upon actually trying to load Yosemite from the USB stick (for the installation) I get the famous NO symbol (circle with a cross through it - picture attached).

So far I've tried with a USB stick using "legacy USB" support and once without. Same result each time.

Any suggestions?

*Running a Gigabyte
GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770k, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670, Mavericks 10.9.5

IMG_0017.jpg

Last edited:
Getting the same error on a Z77 UD3H.

If this is an upgrade install from Mavericks, try moving your SMBIOS.plist from /Extra to the /Extra folder on the flash drive.

Thank you for the info!

I see the SMBIOS.plist in my Extra folder, but I can't seem to find the Extra folder located on the USB (doesn't seem to be buried anywhere in the Installer after "showing package contents")...

Boot it in verbose mode (-v) só that we can have more information on where it's stuck ;)

It's hidden. Do this in Terminal:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=source-code-pro-1]defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
[/FONT][/COLOR]killall Finder

Then to open the Extra folder on your flash drive right-click it and Open in New Tab. Backup and then Trash the SMBIOS.plist and drag in the one from Mavericks.

I have gotten past that by making sure the USB drive is plugged into an USB2 port instead of a USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back