none
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, hopefully some kind soul can help me with my problem:

I have an i5-3570k with a GA-B75M-D3P, so hopefully that is a tried and true setup. Trying to install ML from a 16 GB SanDisk Cruzer Fit or a 16 GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro following the standard procedure using Disk Utility from a Macbook running Snow Leopard.

I have reset the motherboard to optimized defaults and changed two settings from IDE to AHCI.

When I restart the system and hit F12, USB-HDD is not one of the boot options. There is an option that just says "SanDisk" or "SanDisk 1.23" depending on which flash drive I am using. If I choose one of those options, I just get a black screen with a blinking underscore.

So basically right now I am stuck without even being able to load Unibeast. Any ideas?

Found the problem. Was using an older SATA drive (at least 5 years) from a Linux build that I was hoping to reuse. Once I unplugged the drive, the system booted to USB just fine. Replaced with a newer HDD and I am in business. Hopefully this post saves someone some frustration in the future. Still not sure why the drive would be the problem, but for now I am just glad I got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back