2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

Am trying to run UniBeast ML 1.5.3, however all that happens is MacOS Installer just bounces and then closes without running UniBeast (same when I try UniBeast L). Am I missing something?

Just to clarify I am at stage "
11. Download and run
UniBeast 1.5" of the "UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC" guide.

Thanks for any help!

Hello,

I am running it on a 2008 iMac with 10.8.2.

In the Console log I get the following 3 messages popping up when clicking on UniBeast:

Dock: no information back from LS about running process
Dock: LSOpenFromURLSpec(file://localhost/Users/<user name>/Downloads/UniBeast%20-%20Mountain%20Lion.pkg) failed with -10822
com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: ([0x0-0x1a4e74cd].com.apple.installer[74719]) Exited: Killed: 9

Thanks!

Unfortunately no. I did change the settings after I recieved the warning the first time. After that fail I deleted the file and downloaded again in case there was some residual issue.

Is that the issue here? Do I need to "reset" something?

Cheers!

Ok, I think I've resolved it - for my machine it needed to be run from the Admin account.

Unibeast will now run, and has created a USB install disk (at least it seems so, disk utility reports 5GB used, but finder only repots the app as 26Mb)

Thanks for the help troubleshooting! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back