Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Specs:
- Intel i7
- MSI GeForce GTX 560 Twin Frozr II
- Asrock P67 Extreme4 gen3

As the title says I'm getting stuck at com.applefscompressiontypedataless kmod start when I boot with JUST the -v bootflag. If I boot with PCIRootUID=0 I get to the Apple logo but doesn't go any further. I've literally searched for two weeks now and have spent DAYSSS trying to figure this out but can't get it to install. What's going on?!

I can't remove the GPU as my motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics. I've tried a number of bootflags such as -v, -x, -PCIRootUID=0 (and 1), GraphicsEnabler=Yes(No) and nothing seems to work :(

I would really appreciate it someone could lend a hand...

Come on guys, 15 views and no help? :(

Put com.applefscompressiontypedataless into the search box at the top right of this page.

I can see lots of suggestions there.

Put com.applefscompressiontypedataless into the search box at the top right of this page.

I can see lots of suggestions there.

:thumbup:

I'll search again but I've already seen over 10+ posts regarding that and none have worked.

Most people get past where I'm getting stuck so that's probably why their solutions don't work for my setup. It doesn't look like there are any DSDT's for my mobo as well. I usually don't post threads; I'm good at figuring things out on my own. It's when I really need help do I post threads like this one.

If anyone might have further insight or suggestions, please let me know.

Just another FYI, I don't have any onboard graphics so disconnecting my gpu is not an option.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give some more insight. Even if it's asking me questions with, "Have you done this? That? How about this?" At least that way I can give more details as to what my situation is.

Same here. But quite different specs

Hi there.

I notice you've posted here and in the Catalina Desktop Support forums.

Two points you probably already noticed:

1) The OP here last updated 8-years ago and hasn't been seen since. In the other thread 1-year ago.

2) Catalina has no support for the GTX1080 GPU.

Good idea to start your own thread so people notice it, and in the appropriate forum. :thumbup:

Are you running Catalina or High Sierra?

Have you tried an embedded controller?

Are you using Clover or OpenCore?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back