1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I'm kind of stuck here:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING
Intel Core i5-9600K
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC

Display is through MB DP. Set BIOS settings as told in the guide. USB will not show up as a bootable device.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello,

I'm kind of stuck here:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING
Intel Core i5-9600K
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC

Display is through MB DP. Set BIOS settings as told in the guide. USB will not show up as a bootable device.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Display is through MB DP
  • "Mojave-Unsupported" EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC won't help at all.
    • Its removal from PCIE slot and Not just "Disabling it in BIOS",is the best option to facilitate easier USB Installer boot and Hard disk Installation.

Set BIOS settings as told in the guide.
  • Not a very useful information for troubleshoot through a Forum; may be good enough if directly chatting with another person with the very same MoBo.
    • Uploaded BIOS screen shots or actual BIOS options used (both Enabled and Disabled Choices) as a list to the post is the way to post for help.
    • "GUIDE" recommendation is for the User of that Particular series of Board to use as a "check list" while going through all the BIOS Menu.
      • It has no use for those who can help but don't use that "GUIDE".
USB will not show up as a bootable device.

Where? Any image to clarify what is meant?

Anytime there is a Boot failure the problem can be in any or all of the following:

• How that USB Installer Disk was created [quality(checksum value) of macOS Installer file used]
  • The CLOVER contents in the EFI Partition of that Disk
  • The BIOS Options chosen to boot the disk.
Therefore the information to be provided are:
  • Assure the readers that a full "Install Macos Mojave file" from App Store is used with an accepted installation method.
  • Upload at the CLOVER from the USB Installer as a zipped file.
  • Provide at the list of BIOS options used or BIOS screen shots to show the choices.
  • Upload Verbose Boot Screen image if Boot Failure has occurred after the USB Installer is booted off the Clover Boot Manager Screen or any screen shot to orient readers about the currently found problem on screen.

• "Mojave-Unsupported" EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC won't help at all.
    • Its removal from PCIE slot and Not just "Disabling it in BIOS",is the best option to facilitate easier USB Installer boot and Hard disk Installation.

• Not a very useful information for troubleshoot through a Forum; may be good enough if directly chatting with another person with the very same MoBo.
    • Uploaded BIOS screen shots or actual BIOS options used (both Enabled and Disabled Choices) as a list to the post is the way to post for help.
    • "GUIDE" recommendation is for the User of that Particular series of Board to use as a "check list" while going through all the BIOS Menu.
      • It has no use for those who can help but don't use that "GUIDE".

Where? Any image to clarify what is meant?

Anytime there is a Boot failure the problem can be in any or all of the following:

• How that USB Installer Disk was created [quality(checksum value) of macOS Installer file used]
  • The CLOVER contents in the EFI Partition of that Disk
  • The BIOS Options chosen to boot the disk.
Therefore the information to be provided are:
  • Assure the readers that a full "Install Macos Mojave file" from App Store is used with an accepted installation method.
  • Upload at the CLOVER from the USB Installer as a zipped file.
  • Provide at the list of BIOS options used or BIOS screen shots to show the choices.
  • Upload Verbose Boot Screen image if Boot Failure has occurred after the USB Installer is booted off the Clover Boot Manager Screen or any screen shot to orient readers about the currently found problem on screen.
Thanks for the reply. At work currently but I will try to answer as best I can and then follow up with items that I need to later when at the machine.

Step 1: UniBeast USB was created using Mojave downloaded from App Store from my current Mojave iMac. Used UniBeast software. UEFI settings, no injections. This step completed successfully using UniBeast 9.0.0

Step 2: Downloaded MultiBeast 11.0.1 and dragged unzipped folder onto USB drive.

Step 3: BIOS settings set:

- ACHI mode ON.
- Loaded Default Settings.
- VT-d is Disabled.
- CFG Lock is Disabled.
- Secure Boot Mode was locked at Enabled unless I deleted the Secure Boot Keys. Did that and Secure Boot Mode changed to Disabled.
- OS Type is Other OS
- IO Serial Port I could not find in the BIOS.
- XHCI Handoff is Enabled
- USB 3.0 I couldn't find anything to disable USB 3.0 specifically but I turned legacy mode on and off.

Step 4: Inserted UniBeast drive into USB slots. BIOS recognizes that there are two storage devices. The SATA and the SanDisk. Neither are recognized as a bootable device.

This is where I can't figure out where to go from. Would having the GPU plugged in stop the BIOS from even recognizing the boot device? I actually made a Windows 10 installer and that successfully installed last night from same USB stick.

I will follow up with the upload requests later today.

Let me know if any of this info helps.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply. At work currently but I will try to answer as best I can and then follow up with items that I need to later when at the machine.

Step 1: UniBeast USB was created using Mojave downloaded from App Store from my current Mojave iMac. Used UniBeast software. UEFI settings, no injections. This step completed successfully using UniBeast 9.0.0

Step 2: Downloaded MultiBeast 11.0.1 and dragged unzipped folder onto USB drive.

Step 3: BIOS settings set:

- ACHI mode ON.
- Loaded Default Settings.
- VT-d is Disabled.
- CFG Lock is Disabled.
- Secure Boot Mode was locked at Enabled unless I deleted the Secure Boot Keys. Did that and Secure Boot Mode changed to Disabled.
- OS Type is Other OS
- IO Serial Port I could not find in the BIOS.
- XHCI Handoff is Enabled
- USB 3.0 I couldn't find anything to disable USB 3.0 specifically but I turned legacy mode on and off.

Step 4: Inserted UniBeast drive into USB slots. BIOS recognizes that there are two storage devices. The SATA and the SanDisk. Neither are recognized as a bootable device.

This is where I can't figure out where to go from. Would having the GPU plugged in stop the BIOS from even recognizing the boot device? I actually made a Windows 10 installer and that successfully installed last night from same USB stick.

I will follow up with the upload requests later today.

Let me know if any of this info helps.

Thanks again!

• Thanks for the current post that has made things a little better.

• Now I know you tried to use BIOS Options as suggested in Tonymac GUIDE for Asus Boards in General.

• Since you CANNOT USE your Unsupported NVIDIA GTX 1060 which you got to Physically REMOVE after you make the BIOS changes shown below to use IGFX and on Reboot, Shut Down the PC at ASUS Splash Screen to Remove the installed Nvidia PCIE card,. I would list the BIOS Options for your MoBo I found on the NET.

1. Exit →Load Optimized Defaults : Yes
  2. Advanced \ CPU Configuration→Intel Virtualizaiton Technology: Enabled
  3. Advanced \ System Agent (SA) ConfigurationVt-d: Disabled
  4. Advanced \ PCH Configuration →IOAPIC 24-119 Entries: Enabled
  5. Advanced \ Onboard Devices Configuration →RGB LED Lighting→When system is in sleep, hibernate or soft off states: OFF
  6. Advanced \ AMP Configuration →Power On By PCI-E/PCI: Enabled
  7. Advanced \ Network Stack ConfigurationNetwork Stack: Disabled
  8. Advanced \ USB Configuration-> Legacy USB Support: Auto
  9. Boot →Fast Boot: Disabled
  10. Boot →Secure Boot →OS Type: Other OS
  • Since you are using Intel iGPU:

1. Advanced \ System Agent (SA) Configuration \ Graphics ConfigurationPrimary Display: IGFX
  2. Advanced \ System Agent (SA) Configuration\Graphics Configuration DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128MB/192MB
  • Your SATA drive targeted for macOS Mojave cannot be seen as a UEFI device because it is blank and you have not Partitioned and Formatted the disk in GUID/APFS Mode yet for which you need the UEFI USB Installer to reach the macOS Utilities Screen and access Disk Utility ->View connected disks using[√] "Show All Devices" and then locate and click on your SSD and>Erase> Partition :GUID Format: APFS (NOT HFS+J as shown by Unibeast; that can delay your installation unnecessarily if allowed to go for Automatic conversion DURING Installation. [Mark my word or face the consequences]

• If you did not find your ScanDisk USB as "UEFI ....ScanDisk" in the BIOS Boot Options menu, something has gone wrong during its Mojave UEFI USB Installer creation step.

• The steps to check and fix are:

• Disk Utility in Mac : make sure View> [√] Show All Devices is selected
  • Make sure in Erase USB , GUID + macOS Extended (Journaled) AKA "HFS+J" is chosen
  • Make Sure in Unibeast, at the stage of CLOVER installation, Boot Mode: UEFI is chosen

• Thanks for the current post that has made things a little better.

• Now I know you tried to use BIOS Options as suggested in Tonymac GUIDE for Asus Boards in General.

• Since you CANNOT USE your Unsupported NVIDIA GTX 1060 which you got to Physically REMOVE after you make the BIOS changes shown below to use IGFX and on Reboot, Shut Down the PC at ASUS Splash Screen to Remove the installed Nvidia PCIE card,. I would list the BIOS Options for your MoBo I found on the NET.

1. Exit →Load Optimized Defaults : Yes
  2. Advanced \ CPU Configuration→Intel Virtualizaiton Technology: Enabled
  3. Advanced \ System Agent (SA) ConfigurationVt-d: Disabled
  4. Advanced \ PCH Configuration →IOAPIC 24-119 Entries: Enabled
  5. Advanced \ Onboard Devices Configuration →RGB LED Lighting→When system is in sleep, hibernate or soft off states: OFF
  6. Advanced \ AMP Configuration →Power On By PCI-E/PCI: Enabled
  7. Advanced \ Network Stack ConfigurationNetwork Stack: Disabled
  8. Advanced \ USB Configuration-> Legacy USB Support: Auto
  9. Boot →Fast Boot: Disabled
  10. Boot →Secure Boot →OS Type: Other OS

• Since you are using Intel iGPU:

1. Advanced \ System Agent (SA) Configuration \ Graphics ConfigurationPrimary Display: IGFX
  2. Advanced \ System Agent (SA) Configuration\Graphics Configuration DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128MB/192MB

• Your SATA drive targeted for macOS Mojave cannot be seen as a UEFI device because it is blank and you have not Partitioned and Formatted the disk in GUID/APFS Mode yet for which you need the UEFI USB Installer to reach the macOS Utilities Screen and access Disk Utility ->View connected disks using[√] "Show All Devices" and then locate and click on your SSD and>Erase> Partition :GUID Format: APFS (NOT HFS+J as shown by Unibeast; that can delay your installation unnecessarily if allowed to go for Automatic conversion DURING Installation. [Mark my word or face the consequences]

• If you did not find your ScanDisk USB as "UEFI ....ScanDisk" in the BIOS Boot Options menu, something has gone wrong during its Mojave UEFI USB Installer creation step.

• The steps to check and fix are:

• Disk Utility in Mac : make sure View> [√] Show All Devices is selected
  • Make sure in Erase USB , GUID + macOS Extended (Journaled) AKA "HFS+J" is chosen
  • Make Sure in Unibeast, at the stage of CLOVER installation, Boot Mode: UEFI is chosen
Thank you so much for your help! I got Mojave installed and have been using other threads to answer questions from there.

How did you get the installer to boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back