Contribute
Register

Unibeast USB bootloader for Mojave freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya @cmn699

the checksums are as below, I have got the Install macOS a couple of different ways both times getting the same checksum.

InstallESD.dmg checksum = 51493681f3e82bb78e22e97f38725ffc67f611cd
BaseSystem.dmg checksum = 39059732811393335b3ebeac1391aeed905e76de

I've tried the new clover and it freezes in the same place. Is there any more info that i can give you that would be helpful?

Again really appreciate the help.
  • Your uploaded checksum value is what I got on my own downloaded Mojave 10.14.3 which runs OK when installed using a USB Installer.
  • I don't think your Mojave Installer File is the problem.

• The progress of your installation is very close to the time of loading the Graphics but no specific clue has come from Verbose boot screen directly incriminating Graphics to be sure.

• With that in mind , I suggest editing you BIOS Graphics related option.
  • Make Processor associated Graphics from Auto to DISABLED to reduce any conflict with your Mojave Supported AMD Radeon Rx 580.
I have also made corresponding changes in config.plist not to enable Intel HD 630.

Try this config .plist replacing the last one.
Edited to add:
Please upload Verbose boot screen when posting problems you have observed on screen.
That is the only way I know where things are in booting.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I am in the process of setting up my first Hackintosh, and am having this same issue with the installer hanging on that line. Sorry that it's sideways, not sure why the attach process rotated the image.

Let me know if I need to start a new thread, but since this was hanging in the same place, even with different hardware, I'm not sure if this is actually a hardware-related error.

Attachments

• P1000488.JPG
    P1000488.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 52
I am in the process of setting up my first Hackintosh, and am having this same issue with the installer hanging on that line. Sorry that it's sideways, not sure why the attach process rotated the image.

Let me know if I need to start a new thread, but since this was hanging in the same place, even with different hardware, I'm not sure if this is actually a hardware-related error.
  • Please make your own new Post or watch the progress of this from the sideline and see if you can use any of the steps to make progress with your problem.
  • Interjecting into an ongoing troubleshoot is not good for the OP and the helper who are focused on a series of related threads in the same hardware, BIOS, and CLOVER.

I've attached some photos of my bios settings, the clover bootloader and the verbose mode capturing most of the text hopefully. If there are any that I should have sent please let me know. When i enable csm support, the hdd and sdd become selectable in the boot option priorities, but still not visible in clover.

Attachments

• attachments.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 47
I've attached some photos of my bios settings, the clover bootloader and the verbose mode capturing most of the text hopefully. If there are any that I should have sent please let me know. When i enable csm support, the hdd and sdd become selectable in the boot option priorities, but still not visible in clover.

• Your BIOS images uploaded do not include some Very important screen shots like Peripherals and Chipset.
  • Your zipped attachment does not contain the CLOVER.zip to correlate with the enclosed Verbose screens and the BIOS

• Best BIOS screenshots to view and edit are the 'Auto Captured' ones saved to FAT32 Formatted Flash disks using F-12 at UEFI BIOS

• I am uploading Sample images anyone trying to help need to know about how things are setup at BIOS level and what CLOVER in the EFI Partition of the booting Disk sees as usable to help boot the disk that is selected in the BIOS Boot Option Priorities List.
    • I have annotated the images to emphasize the importance of each section in Hackintosh build.

• If I were to provide a mathematical equation for a successful Hackintosh boot, it would be like:

Successful Hackintosh installation = Valid MacOS Installer File inside a Correctly Partitioned and Formatted USB Disk of proper size+ CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and drivers64 & kexts/Other properly stocked with the right files+ Properly edited config.plist inside the EFI Folder of EFI Partition+ ALL BIOS fields properly selected to help CLOVER to boot the #1 Disk in Boot Option Priority list.

If boot failure occurs all of the items in the Right side of equal sign must be suspects and thoroughly checked.

If we fail to do that and rely on luck alone, often the result will be frustrating troubleshoot stretching for days and weeks or abandoned as 'orphan Forum posts' forums searchers looking for help often find.

Attachments

• 1.MIT.png
    1.MIT.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 2.System.png
    2.System.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.BIOS_BootOptio Priorities and Others.png
    3.BIOS_BootOptio Priorities and Others.png
    267.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 4.Perippherals.png
    4.Perippherals.png
    328.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 6.Chipset.png
    6.Chipset.png
    366.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 5.Chipset.png
    5.Chipset.png
    349 KB · Views: 70
  • 7.Power.png
    7.Power.png
    262.7 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for that @cmn699, i've included a bunch more information. hopefully there is something in there that can help, or point in the direction of help.

Attachments

• INFO Pack.zip
    14.9 MB · Views: 62
Thanks for that @cmn699, i've included a bunch more information. hopefully there is something in there that can help, or point in the direction of help.
Pinchey,
  • Your Profile shows you have Graphics AMD Radeon RX 580.
  • I presume you have connected your Monitor to AMD Radeon RX 580 through its digital Port using a corresponding cable.
    • If that is the case your BIOS settings are not correct.
  • Please note the uploaded edited images of Peripherals and Chipset from your "INFO Pack" regarding Graphics.
    • I have not changed anything in CLOVER folder as its contents are to use AMD Radeon RX 580 as the Graphics card to Monitor.

• Try editing BIOS and retry booting your macOSMojave Installer USB as First boot device in BIOS Boot Option Priorities; [DISABLE all other devices from that list]
  • Only the macOSMojave USB Installer Disk should be made Auto in Peripherals _USB
  • If you find any other devices in USB Mass Storage under Peripherals along with your macOSMojave USB Installer disk as "Auto", then highlight that device > space bar> "Floppy" so that CLOVER will ignore that USB Device as a Floppy Drive and only select your USB Installer Disk to boot to Clover Boot Manager Screen.

• Check all edited BIOS screen shots with annotations.

Unlike in the case of Intel HD Graphics, you might need to make CSM ENABLED for AMD Radeon RX 580 Graphics.

If current Disabled CSM shows problem , change CSM to Enabled and boot to see its effect

I think there might be issues in the options chosen in BIOS_Power.
But I don't expect them to cause Installation problems but might cause post -Install in "Shutdown".
We can deal with that possibility later if that happens.

Attachments

• 1.Peripherals.png
    1.Peripherals.png
    307.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.Peripherals.png
    2.Peripherals.png
    200 KB · Views: 57
  • 3.Chipset.png
    3.Chipset.png
    273.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 4.BIOS Boot Options and Others.png
    4.BIOS Boot Options and Others.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 68
Thanks @cmn699, i can't work on it tonight but hopefully i will be able to tomorrow night. will let you know how i get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back