Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z370 HD3P
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
Radeon RX 580
Hi all,

This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh and I have searched extensively, but unfortunately I cannot find a solution, so i was hoping someone could help me, please.

I have a Gigabyte z370HD3P which I have flashed with the most recent firmware (F11b), the processor is a i7 8700 and the graphics card is a Radeon Sapphire nitro+ RX580.

Everything seemed to be going i used the bios settings from user jaabdad (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dp-i7-8700-rx580-32gb-ram-wifi-mojave.262648/):

BIOS Settings
  • Save & Exit: Load Optimized Defaults
  • M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.): Profile 1
  • BIOS > Fast Boot: Disabled
  • BIOS > CMS Support: Disabled (this will also disable LAN PXE Boot Option ROM)
  • BIOS > Storage Boot Option Control: UEFI (if this option is available)
  • Peripherals > Super IO Configuration > Serial Port: Disabled
  • Peripherals > USB Configuration > XHCI Handoff: Enabled
  • Chipset > Vt-d: Disabled
  • Chipset > Internal Graphics: Auto (for now)
and after minimal fuss I managed to reach the clover boot screen, I booted it up from my USB and the apple logo appeared and the progress bar slowly filled up until it was full, and then nothing happened, i left it for a while, a couple of hours, and still no change. I rebooted and put it in verbose mode and i could see that it was freezing at the place in the photo attached. I have tried USB injection and USB Ownership, i have tried various USB slots and I am at a loss so any direction would be much appreciated. Thanks muchly.

Attachments

• boot freeze.JPG
    boot freeze.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 280
Hi all,

This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh and I have searched extensively, but unfortunately I cannot find a solution, so i was hoping someone could help me, please.

I have a Gigabyte z370HD3P which I have flashed with the most recent firmware (F11b), the processor is a i7 8700 and the graphics card is a Radeon Sapphire nitro+ RX580.

Everything seemed to be going i used the bios settings from user jaabdad (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dp-i7-8700-rx580-32gb-ram-wifi-mojave.262648/):

BIOS Settings
  • Save & Exit: Load Optimized Defaults
  • M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.): Profile 1
  • BIOS > Fast Boot: Disabled
  • BIOS > CMS Support: Disabled (this will also disable LAN PXE Boot Option ROM)
  • BIOS > Storage Boot Option Control: UEFI (if this option is available)
  • Peripherals > Super IO Configuration > Serial Port: Disabled
  • Peripherals > USB Configuration > XHCI Handoff: Enabled
  • Chipset > Vt-d: Disabled
  • Chipset > Internal Graphics: Auto (for now)
and after minimal fuss I managed to reach the clover boot screen, I booted it up from my USB and the apple logo appeared and the progress bar slowly filled up until it was full, and then nothing happened, i left it for a while, a couple of hours, and still no change. I rebooted and put it in verbose mode and i could see that it was freezing at the place in the photo attached. I have tried USB injection and USB Ownership, i have tried various USB slots and I am at a loss so any direction would be much appreciated. Thanks muchly.

• The verbose boot seems to show some problem with NVMe Controller. [See edited image]
  • Is your Target Disk for Mojave installation an NVMe SSD?
    • What Brand? Details Please.
  • Your listed "BIOS options" has no mention about your NVMe controller setup.
  • I looked at your referred link. That is by no means a very comprehensive illustrated post to simply follow verbatim.
    • The OP of that post knows what he/she is doing and many things not explicitly mentioned in that post are assumed to be common knowledge.
    • It may be common knowledge for a seasoned Hackintosher, but not for someone new to Hackintosh and a first time builder.

• Any GUIDE that does not mention to include Verbose Boot Flag as a routine requirement for initial installation or during any troubleshoot that involves booting the disk, probably wrongly assuming that a Hackintosh enthusiast will be confused by a Verbose boot screen, is only delaying the inevitable in most cases.
    • More than 50% of advice in any forum is asking for a Verbose boot screen because the OP always mentions in the post about Apple logo and Percentage filing of Progressbar to describe a booting problem!
The two important components of a successful macOS Installation, in addition to having a genuine and full Install macOS in the USB Installer disk are:
  • BIOS Options chosen for the boot
  • CLOVER in the EFI Folder of the EFI Partition of USB Installer
  • The Golden opportunity to check CLOVER in its entirety is soon after the USB Installer Disk is created when the EFI Partition will be auto-mounted for the First and ONLY time on the desktop for that session.
  • Once the Disk Ejected , the Computer is shut Down or the computer is rebooted with the Installer still connected to the USB port, the EFI Partition will be hidden for ever!
  • The only way you can view and edit EFI Folder contents will be by mounting it again using a tool like EFI Mounter V3 |Clover Configurator Global or for seasoned Hackintosher, Terminal diskutil commands.
At this Time with your current Verbose boot freeze, CLOVER from your USB Installer as a zipped file and the missing BIOS options and details of Target disk are needed to get any clue to the issue.

To upload CLOVER.zip, you may check the bulleted steps-> #4

Attachments

• 1,Verbose Boot NVMe.png
    1,Verbose Boot NVMe.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 188
Thanks very much for the reply, I have attached the CLOVER.zip.

The NVMe SSD is a Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB.

What other BIOS details do you require? The ones that I have supplied are the only ones that I have altered.

I really appreciate the help.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 195
Thanks very much for the reply, I have attached the CLOVER.zip.

The NVMe SSD is a Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB.

What other BIOS details do you require? The ones that I have supplied are the only ones that I have altered.

I really appreciate the help.
  • Please try this edited CLOVER.zip. Unzip and extract CLOVER from the archive to copy and paste to the mounted EFI of USB's EFI Folder after deleting current one.
  • If you have a spare SSD or SATA Spindisk even a smaller disk than 500GB, try connecting it to SATA- 0 to do the initial installation and then you may clone that to your NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSD.

• Before deleting your current CLOVER, keep its copy elsewhere, just in case this edited CLOVER does not work and you want to go back to your default CLOVER.

Attachments

• CLOVER-Pinchey.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Thanks @cmn699, I replaced the clover and put a SATA Spindisk in to SATA 0, still stalling at (see attached photo). Could it be a problem with my copy of the OS i got it through the dos dude patcher, as it was the only way i could find to get the completed installer file. Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• Freeze screen.jpg
    Freeze screen.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 147
Thanks @cmn699, I replaced the clover and put a SATA Spindisk in to SATA 0, still stalling at (see attached photo). Could it be a problem with my copy of the OS i got it through the dos dude patcher, as it was the only way i could find to get the completed installer file. Thanks again for your help.
  • The verbose boot screen does not give any clue as to why it is freezing at this stage.
  • I have modified the CLOVER with some more changes to the ACPI of the config.plist.
  • Do you want to make another try using this newly edited one?
What version of MacosMojave have you downloaded.
We can check its shasum1 checksum to verify whether it is full or corrupted
Using Terminal in that Mac where you have the installer file in Applications folder, you can run this command:
shasum /Applications/InstallOS.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

You can copy and paste and then ENTER.

It should put out an Alphanumeric string like the following depending upon the version in Applications folder:

10.14.3 (18D42) e6069c503cac1c655cb19655be80975755c722c5 (InstallESD.dmg), c5783c2f89c443e5b5362b56b349cd44bbeacf0f (BaseSystem.dmg)
10.14.2 (18C54) da00f1ccb5e0927ae4550fd8399160cc5f3a9b47 (InstallESD.dmg), 90c513f9a497fc3684f1d33f8c44a13c2dd35aa5 (BaseSystem.dmg)
10.14.1 (18B75) 635fdcb4a9baee1885825e9067d104d7aa0b9c2f (InstallESD.dmg), ff3fbc3c23ff8b583801dc979f3bc041084f9ab1 (BaseSystem.dmg)
10.14.0 (18A391) d29afb53d32d350453356d6025c4cbb2fb123985 (InstallESD.dmg), 8cd096f8535c79d1edefe64e4557d39f3ee42e59 (BaseSystem.dmg)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
I’m not an expert at this, but my feeling is the freeze is so early in the boot process that it’s nothing to do with the installer - I say this because I know my installer is valid and I have the same results from an installed instance of the OS. I’m certain it’s a hardware issue, or more accurately, a hardware configuration issue but beyond that I’m lost.

As I say, I’m not one to be giving advice so please do try everything and anything suggested by others here.

Heya @cmn699

the checksums are as below, I have got the Install macOS a couple of different ways both times getting the same checksum.

InstallESD.dmg checksum = 51493681f3e82bb78e22e97f38725ffc67f611cd
BaseSystem.dmg checksum = 39059732811393335b3ebeac1391aeed905e76de

I've tried the new clover and it freezes in the same place. Is there any more info that i can give you that would be helpful?

Again really appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back