Contribute
Register

UniBeast - The Installation Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your problem, dude?
That's what I am trying to find out :lol:

I guessed it would be obvious from one to another that I read the forum and tried things that would have any chance of success :angel:

Niels

Then welcome my friend to the band of few lucky guys for whom nothing is solving their problems :clap:

P.S: Currently I know of two guys that are in the band you and me :headbang:

Just for the record, rule:

3. UniBeast does not support running from or copying to Case-sensitive file systems.

The standard Macintosh-hd fs is case-senstive, since rule 3 doesn't say "
UniBeast does not support copying FROM Case-sensitive file systems" is assumed this can't be the problem, is this correct?

You are wrong the default standard OS X file system is NOT case-sensitive, it's "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)"

UniBeast can't use a case-sensitive file system for either the source disk containing the Install app and/or the destination disk.

You are wrong the default standard OS X file system is NOT case-sensitive, it's "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)"

Oké that's my bad, no so long ago I replaced my mbp HDD for an SSD and assumed I took the default since the present fs is the (Case-Sensitive, Journaled) version...

I found that there are several UEFI boot loaders, so I'll try Clover instead.

Thanks,
Niels

Using a different boot loader won't solve your problem.

UniBeast has detected that your purchased copy of "Install OS X Mavericks.app" is incomplete and you need to download it again from the Mac App Store.

I'm sorry to say but that's bs ;)
The checksum is correct, other programs don't give me any trouble but ahere people using UniBeast seem all of a sudden have a internet download 'problem'... I did try to redownload before I checked the checksum but that didn't help either...

Niels

The error you are seeing is NOT related to checksums. As I stated before your issue is:

your purchased copy of "Install OS X Mavericks.app" is incomplete

If it's incomplete or not valid UniBeast will not run.

Well the problem seems to be UniBeast not being able to handle a case-sensitive file system.
Unless you explain yourself further, a remark from you insinuating that the checksum isn't related to the completeness of the file is rather ridiculous...

Niels

The log you posted here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/124836-unibeast-installation-failed.html#post762336 shows an incomplete install app. There are 2 reasons it would fail with that message, using a case-sentive files system on /Applications or using a copy of the install app that wasn't downloaded directly from the Mac App Store.

If you are using a case-sentive file system someone posted how they got UniBeast to work with that, http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/...st-3-0-working-case-sensitive-filesystem.html. Other than that there is nothing else you can do other than formatting and reinstalling OS X to get around this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back