Contribute
Register

UniBeast Stuck at System Uptime in Nanoseconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio works with the current MultiBeast. Trim can be added as tony posted the code in the same thread, you'll have to read through the thread to find it. FYI you don't need trim enabled for the Sandisk SSD, it uses the sandforce controller which takes care of garbage collection.

ohh ok good to know. Can you tell me some of the popular ssds (like the 850evo and similar) that use that thing so i dont need trim?

ohh ok good to know. Can you tell me some of the popular ssds (like the 850evo and similar) that use that thing so i dont need trim?

I've been using the Sandisk SSD's for quite sometime. They are great drives, yet there are better on the market. I'm currently using the Samsung 850 Pro 256GB. They are quicker than the Sandisk yet you need to enable trim which really isn't too much bother, the fixes come quick for trim patch and the updates are few and far between so its minutes of your time.

I've been using the Sandisk SSD's for quite sometime. They are great drives, yet there are better on the market. I'm currently using the Samsung 850 Pro 256GB. They are quicker than the Sandisk yet you need to enable trim which really isn't too much bother, the fixes come quick for trim patch and the updates are few and far between so its minutes of your time.

Yeah, if i can get a refund, im gonna get the 850 evo 120gb... but if i dont, im stuck with this one....

Check your BIOS settings, set them to Optimised Defaults. Disable Intel Onboard graphics, set Init Display First to PCI then try and boot the installer with the boot flags from Post#8.

THANKS!!! That worked!!! all i did was disable the integrated graphics, and then use all those boot flags, and it worked perfectly!!!

Thank you soo much!!!!

You will be able to update to 10.10.3, see the first 2 posts in this thread OS X 10.10.3 Update you will need to install the latest Nvidia web drivers NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.3 (346.01.02)

Boot after the update with nv_disable=1 and install the web drivers. My guess is that you already have nvda_drv=1 in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

ok, so i should download the combo update and install that, then apply multibeast again, and install nvidia drivers?
or should i use the app store update?

also what is the difference between the combo and normal update?

i am on 10.10.1 (can i go straight to .3?)

So i decided to update... and it worked fine... other than. I get an error message when trying to install nvidia drivers (the one you linked me) saying: that it cant be installed on this version of OS X. So i can only run it with nv_disable=1.......

i somehow managed to cap a screenshot.... here it is.... i used the combo update from that post which you linked me....

the screenshot is attached...

Please help!!!
good thing i backed up on 10.10.1!

Thanks
Gershy

Attachments

• Voila_Capture 2015-04-17_06-17-57_pm.jpg
    Voila_Capture 2015-04-17_06-17-57_pm.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 113
EDIT: It now works... i had to download a later version... linked by alaman64 on this thread

But audio for some reason does not work.... Please help with this???

ALC892 i selected in MultiBeast and it installed, i restarted and it shows no devices other than Voila and SoundFlower....

Help Please??????

Thanks
Gershy

Got ^^^^ fixed by getting an updated version of the driver.... full post coming (its being moderated...)

only problem is audio... does not show any devices....

Help Please?

Gershy

It being moderated as its a straight link to a download, the web driver version is 346.01.02f02 from the link. This should be added to the post so people know what exactly they are downloading. I've approved the post but you should go back and add the relevant information using the EDIT tab as should the first poster for the link.

For audio issues post in the Audio Forum. This thread is a mess with a mix of questions and none solving the issue you are having with the thread header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back