Contribute
Register

Unibeast stuck at Apple Logo!!!!! Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please fill in your profile/signature with your hardware as requested by the Rules as this will help us help you.

You'll struggle to install with the R9 380 in El Capitan. To get this graphics card to work you'll need to set graphics priority to IGPU, but this won't allow you to see anything until you reach the installer(not guaranteed), hence the word "struggle".

You can install using the onboard Intel HD530 but once installed you will have to leave graphics priority to IGPU which is no way ideal. If you return your graphics priority to PCI in the BIOS at the desktop the AMD drivers will crash. More information here Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Please fill in your profile/signature with your hardware as requested by the Rules as this will help us help you.

You'll struggle to install with the R9 380 in El Capitan. To get this graphics card to work you'll need to set graphics priority to IGPU, but this won't allow you to see anything until you reach the installer(not guaranteed), hence the word "struggle".

You can install using the onboard Intel HD530 but once installed you will have to leave graphics priority to IGPU which is no way ideal. If you return your graphics priority to PCI in the BIOS at the desktop the AMD drivers will crash. More information here Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I tried switching to HD530 graphics in the bios but still it didnt work. What should I do???

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 164
I tried switching to HD530 graphics in the bios but still it didnt work. What should I do???

Remove your R9 380 for the install. Connect to either the DVI or HDMI port on the motherboard. Set your BIOS for IGPU as graphics boot priority. For other BIOS settings take a look at my user build here. Get your system running on OS X then we can get your graphics card installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back