Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Unibeast Sierra install has locked my bios - Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H
CPU
Core i5
Graphics
GeForce 310 512 MB
Having spent much of last week building my first Hackintosh for a few years, I finally have a really nice system running Sierra and all is great! However I'm still tweaking and would like to see if I can overclock it a bit, so this morning I booted into my bios (Award) only to find that it is asking for a password that I certainly haven't set so I can't get in to make any alterations. I've found one thread on this forum where someone experienced the same thing which they solved with a CMOS reset, however I am reluctant to do that in case it messes up the system and I end up having to start again from scratch.

The question is, why has this happened? I'm guessing there must be some reason for this . Also if Unibeast or Clover have made this happen, presumably they have installed a password, in which case how do I find out what it is?

Surely there must be some easy answer to this problem. Any help would be very appreciated.

Also if Unibeast or Clover have made this happen, presumably they have installed a password, in which case how do I find out what it is?

Neither UniBeast or Clover has set a BIOS password, the cause is most likely CMOS corruption.

Reset the CMOS.

Thanks. Don't know how that happened. But, as you suggested, a CMOS reset fixed it. Everything running great now: overclocked and running like a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back