2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Performa
  6. Plus
  7. PowerBook
  8. SE
  9. SE/30
I set up a USB flash drive with UniBeast 6.0.1 and El Capitan 10.11.1 (using UniBeast's "UEFI" installer setting, not "Legacy"), and I booted my Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 from it. The boot died with a "pmLock: waited too long" error.

I looked up this error, then I put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the kexts folder in the EFI partition, and now it boots up fine.

Shouldn't UniBeast include NullCPUPowerManagement.kext by default?

How did you copy NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the EFI partition on your USB stick for the install of "El Capitan"

Do you simply copy the file or did use some special software to do this?

Can you kindly provide instructions on how you copied the NullCPUPowerManagement.Kext to the EFI partition, as I'm having the same issue?

I set up a USB flash drive with UniBeast 6.0.1 and El Capitan 10.11.1 (using UniBeast's "UEFI" installer setting, not "Legacy"), and I booted my Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 from it. The boot died with a "pmLock: waited too long" error.

I looked up this error, then I put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the kexts folder in the EFI partition, and now it boots up fine.

Shouldn't UniBeast include NullCPUPowerManagement.kext by default?
We considered it but the only systems that need it is Gigabyte Sandy Bridge systems (Z68). You can get around this by using NullCPUPowerManagement (as you found) or a SSDT with CPU data.

Closed, won't change.

We considered it but the only systems that need it is Gigabyte Sandy Bridge systems (Z68). You can get around this by using NullCPUPowerManagement (as you found) or a SSDT with CPU data.

Closed, won't change.

I can understand you not changing this, but would you please at least mention it in the readme? Otherwise, people (like me, and andyj34) who try to use UniBeast on a Z68 system are going to be in for a lot of headache until they figure it out.

I'm okay with you not changing this, but would you please at least mention it in the readme? Otherwise, people (like me, and andyj34) who try to use UniBeast on a Z68 system are going to be in for a lot of headache until they figure it out.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext was added by default to UniBeast's Legacy Mode.

That's for boards running AMI BIOS, right? I'm on UEFI BIOS, so I was using UniBeast UEFI mode, which doesn't have the kext.

If using UEFI mode, you'd have to manually add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext if desired.

Thanks ... I finally gotten UniBeast to work by including NullCPUPowerManagement.kext on the EFI partition sometime ago.

There are two outstanding issues; the ability to boot directly into MAC OS X and getting the audio to work natively.

That said, I've managed to implement work-arounds; always boot my Hackintosh using a flash-drive and using a DAC to output audio.

All-in-all I'm "happy" with the set-up.

If using UEFI mode, you'd have to manually add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext if desired.

Right - I was just asking you to please consider adding a note to the readme file (or to the installer) pointing this out, so that the next person who tries to use UniBeast on Z68 UEFI won't have to figure out why it's failing to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back